What is the best feeling ever?
Occhidiangela,Mar 16 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:That photo confuses me.  Does the man on the right have breasts?

Occhi
[right][snapback]71000[/snapback][/right]

You haven't seen Fight Club? :o

BTW: Tyler isn't in the picture.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Thats Meatloaf !!! :lol:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Occhidiangela,Mar 16 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:That photo confuses me.  Does the man on the right have breasts?

Occhi

As Jahcs implied, the picture is from the movie Fight Club. The character is named Robert Paulsen. There is a very quick and shallow backstory to him, that he developed breasts after hormone imbalance resulting from steroid use.

I haven't seen the movie in a while, so my memory may be a bit rusty on the subject. Regardless, that's the jist of it.

And to poke fun at Jahcs, Tyler Durgen is in the picture. Have you forgotten the entire plot! Nothing mean ment, just having a little fun ;).

Cheers,

Munk
The Better Than Sex ™ list

Waking up in a tent in Glacier national park, freezing cold, to the sound of birds of prey and the smell of bad coffee. That’s glorious.

Walking in falling leaves, bobcat watching, picking wild strawberries.

The smell of Playdoh. It’s one of the few childhood things that has never been corrupted, and gives wildly vivid memories.

Walking back into one of your old schools. The most curious, exquisite sadness.

Flash moments where every sense tells you that you’ve just witnessed the supernatural. The best Holy Crap moment in the world. Twice for me!

The antipasti plate at Panzano’s. It’s only $11 at a 5-star restaurant, enough for two, and it’s seriously the best food I’ve ever tasted. It rivals walking out into your garden and picking ingredients – with no preparation or cleanup!

That One Song You Totally Forgot About. I’m not going to name it, because it’s different for every person. But you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Furry footwarmers with heartbeats.
Oh oh oh, I got something to add! I can't seem to grasp how I have ever forgotten about it, especially because it is almost on a daily basis for me:

The feeling you get when feeling after a long, tiring excersize, the rejuvinating sensation is just the best, not to mention anything tastes much better!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Cryptic,Mar 17 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:The Better Than Sex ™ list
The antipasti plate at Panzano’s.  It’s only $11 at a 5-star restaurant, enough for two, and it’s seriously the best food I’ve ever tasted.  It rivals walking out into your garden and picking ingredients – with no preparation or cleanup!
[right][snapback]71065[/snapback][/right]

What city? Where? I like good Italian food, and love a well put together antipasto plate.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
jahcs,Mar 16 2005, 06:23 PM Wrote:You haven't seen Fight Club? :o
BTW:  Tyler isn't in the picture.
[right][snapback]71004[/snapback][/right]

I saw it a few years back, but unlike some people, I did not find it memorable.

Just another film, worth seeing once.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Seeing as I just had the best day in my entire life, I thought I had to share:

I play in a brassband. That's roughly 25-30 people playing music with baritones, cornets, tubas, trombones, etc. I play percussion ("drums"). In every band there are both good and poor players. Not only talent, but effort and dedication also vary from member to member. You have someone who often skips rehearsals, shows up late or have a crappy attitude toward the whole thing, but then again you have someone who really *wants* to be there, who wants to accomplish something and make music.

Naturally, those who care and do their work often frown upon those who don't, and the whole experience of playing in a brass band is made slightly less enjoyable by those who aren't enjoying it enough to make the proper effort, as well as those who can't play all that good.

Just after Christmas, 4 friends of mine who play in different brass bands (I should note that the brass band scene is one big happy family - everybody knows everybody) decided that they wanted something more out of their hobby of music, and decided to found a new band by bringing only the best and most dedicated members from all the other bands in the region; a sort of super-band.

On Friday, the members of this new band met and had a rehearsal. The experience was jaw-dropping. The FANTASTIC sound (hell yeah I'm using the shift key!!) generated was simply astounding. I had goosebumps and weak knees the entire night. We had another rehearsal yesterday as well as today, and a concert this evening.

I can't even begin to describe how it felt playing with 31 of the most talented, coolest, funniest, most adorable musicians in town. We played, among other things something called an "Organ finale" from somewhere, with someone playing the actual organ. It was the best moment in my life.

This is not a recording of us, but of someone else playing the same piece. (I played the timpani. Imagine how cool those last few bars could be for a guy like me.)

I'm sitting here by the computer at home kicking myself for not having a time machine to go back and do the concert all over again. It was just the most fun I've had my entire life. Sex, heroin-high, killing a 1337-speaker, seeing your first-born come to life, climbing Mount Everst combined! The feeling of true and pure ecstacy!

I'll never have this much fun again.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Congrats, Angel ! Those moments can be heaven on earth, when everything comes together and the world is just as good as it can be. :D
They don't come often, but when they do, they become memories that get you through a lot of the other crap that life can throw at you. And, trust me, that feeling will come again someday, from another area of your life altogether, and it will feel just like that all over again. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

[wcip]Angel,Mar 20 2005, Wrote:I'll never have this much fun again.
[right][snapback]71342[/snapback][/right]

You may or may not. Life is a funny old dog, you never know what will turn up.

Glad to hear that you all had a great Jam session. Grats. Music is one of those wonderful things that can make life taste sweet.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
jahcs,Mar 16 2005, 07:23 PM Wrote:BTW:  Tyler isn't in the picture.
[right][snapback]71004[/snapback][/right]
I see him. :) He's a schizophrenic.

And, to Occhi; What cracks me up is that Bob is Meatloaf! Bat out of Hell! Yeah!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Mar 21 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:I see him.  :)  He's a schizophrenic.

And, to Occhi;  What cracks me up is that Bob is Meatloaf!  Bat out of Hell!  Yeah!
[right][snapback]71386[/snapback][/right]

That's right, Meatloaf had lost some of the meat. I seem to recall that little tidbitt, dimly . . . again, the film did not really register with me.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
-Holding a day old kitten in your hand and realizing that it's fallen asleep
-Having back scratched/massaged
-Shower after playing hard
-Bed after long long day
-The feeling of waking up after or just in the middle of a dream when your body is still paralyzed and totally relaxed but you are just awake and aware of it.
-Letting go your fear of skiing for the first time and truly enjoying it.
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Very similar to angel's experience (I play percussion too. Did my share of concert percussion but prefer marching percussion. I've played snare for the last three years):

-A very successful musical performance when the crowd is literally falling on themselves.

I did marching band in high school. Not crappy-play the Hey! song over and over-marching band but serious, 'hardcore' DCI (Drum Corp International - 'pro' marching band) style shows. Playing our show at 10:00PM, after making finals earlier that day, infront of a full stadium of people who all actually care since they're fellow band nerds is quite possibly the best experience of my life. Then, getting 3rd place after only being beaten by two rich-as-hell Atlanta schools when we're a poor southern-Georgia school...priceless. Freaking priceless.

Any musical performance can turn into that if you truly feel the music and can get into it. It helps to be playing with people you know and care about.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Mar 23 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:Very similar to angel's experience (I play percussion too. Did my share of concert percussion but prefer marching percussion. I've played snare for the last three years):

-A very successful musical performance when the crowd is literally falling on themselves.

I did marching band in high school. Not crappy-play the Hey! song over and over-marching band but serious, 'hardcore' DCI (Drum Corp International - 'pro' marching band) style shows. Playing our show at 10:00PM, after making finals earlier that day, infront of a full stadium of people who all actually care since they're fellow band nerds is quite possibly the best experience of my life. Then, getting 3rd place after only being beaten by two rich-as-hell Atlanta schools when we're a poor southern-Georgia school...priceless. Freaking priceless.

Any musical performance can turn into that if you truly feel the music and can get into it. It helps to be playing with people you know and care about.
[right][snapback]71688[/snapback][/right]

I know exactly what your talking about here ima, since I played bottom bass for a good four years in highschool (really it was the only thing stopping me from transferring or something else entirely more drastic, also where I met my ex-girlfriend who is currently one of my only remaining friends).

But yeah, I don't think I'll ever experience something better than when you *know* that you did everything perfect throughout an entire show. Not only that, but the side benifit of never worrying about being in front of a crowd is fairly nice as welll
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
I heard that taking a dump is 1/8th the pleasure of an orgasm.
I'm new. I play Diablo II.
teenagedeathboy,Mar 27 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:I heard that taking a dump is 1/8th the pleasure of an orgasm.
[right][snapback]72067[/snapback][/right]

So, which have you never experienced? Taking a dump, or having an orgasm? :unsure:

Rather than rely on heresay evidence, I'd imagine one would be able to judge the intensity differential using one's own senses, rather than rely on some SWAG by an alleged expert.

And now, for a really pointless digression:

What instruments would one place where (I'd say the cortex) in order to measure the raw intensity of any given function or sensation? What units does one calibrate the Sensometer in? What does 1.0 on that scale represent? Can you get to 11.0 by inserting a spinal tap? <_< Just how did Masters and Johnson measure orgasms, anyway, or were they really voyeurs with bogus dials and gauges?

Without answering these critical design questions, any comparative pleasure measure is more subjective than objective, which by itself renders the 1/8th assertion meaningless. :whistling:

Caffeine, you slave driver! :blink:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
You finally lost it, didn't you? :P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Mar 29 2005, 05:13 AM Wrote:You finally lost it, didn't you?&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]72230[/snapback][/right]

I will reply with a lyric from the Allman Brothers Band (The album is called Win, Lose or Draw.)

"You can't spend what you ain't got
You can't lose what you never had!"

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 28 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:What instruments would one place where (I'd say the cortex) in order to measure the raw intensity of any given function or sensation?&nbsp; What units does one calibrate the Sensometer in?

I realize this was meant in jest. However, they can probably hookup a load of electrodes to your head and measure the amount of electrical activity in the "pleasure center" of your brain. The measuring unit will of course be Watts (why make up a new unit when one already exists). As in 'doctor that was a 10 Watt bowl movement for Mr. Johnson.' :huh:
Signature? What do you mean?