Question About Physical Resistance
Something is bothering me a lot these days. I created a summoner Necro and he has passed hell act2. It could be certain that both AD and Dec could pierce bosses's physical immue with Physical Immue + Stone Skin attributes, but what is the final Physical Resistance after these two curses have applied on those tough guys, 80% / 90% or 70% / 60% or even some other percentages? I am just a little bit confused.

Cheers
They work at 1/5 effectiveness against immunes. That means that amp will reduce resistance by 20% and decrepify will reduce it by 10%.

So the best case scenario would be a 100% resistant monster becoming 80% from amp or 90% from decrepify. If the monster had more resistance to start, the post-curse resistance would be higher, and if it's still 100% or more, the immunity wasn't broken.
Also, monsters that are immune can have more than 100%. If a monster has 120% resistance, you cannot max them non-immune. And (it seemed you thought this from your post, but I could just be misinterpereting you), you can't apply both amp and decripify to a monster at the same time.
Well, seems that I didn't make it very clear. I do know that AD or Dec would have a 1/5 penalty when applying on physical immue monsters. The only thing I don't understand is that when I casted AD on a Unique monster (Actually a sand maggot)with Both Physical Immue and Stone Skin attributes, its Physical Immue disapeared. My question is, What is the final Physical Resistance value for that guy? Just seems to be confusing since stone skin gave it 80% DR% bonus while it also had Physical Immue. I don't think its PR exceeded 100%.

BTW, I have never seen any monster with physical resistance over 100%. Could anybody give me some examples? Thanks a lot! :lol:

Cheers

Sorry for my rude words, as I am so sleepy that I got to go to bed now. Good Night to everyone. :P
There aren't any monsters with more than 100% base resistance, but I that doesn't take into account stone skin.

I can't find the effects of stone skin. According to the AS, it's +80% physical resistance, but due to the AS's inaccuracies, I'm hesistant to believe that.

If it is true, that would mean that any monster with 20+% physical resistance + stone skin would be 100+% resistant, and thus immune. Any monster with 40+% physical resistance + stone skin would be 120+% resistant, and thus unbreakably immune.
About your question about the sand maggot: The fact that it's both Physical Immune and Stone Skin doesn't mean anything. It is PI because of the Stone Skin. The only question is whether the stone skin puts it over 100% damage resist (making it PI) and how far past that it goes. For example if you have a monster that has a base 100% physical resistance (the Succubi in hell for example) and you spawn a boss with stone skin, that will put its resistance way past 120% and you won't be able to break it.

Now, back to the sand maggot. According to the AS, sand maggots have a 66% base damage resist. Assuming the AS is right, if you add 80% that's 146% and you shouldn't be able to break it. I'm guessing that maybe it adds 80% of the base resistance, so 66% + .8*66% = 118.8%, so with AD that's 98.8% - so you can just barely hurt it, and Decrepify doesn't even break the immunity. Either that or the AS is wrong (probably more likely).