OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen?
Fragbait,Feb 3 2004, 03:12 PM Wrote:Hi Obi,

Sauron doesn't use a shield.
He is just huge and all black, with a gigantic mace and a jagged helmet.
And yes - there was a golden, quite special ring at his finger sometime...
IIRC, his armor is quite craggy, and of a dark, matt black.
What really makes him an impressive figure is his height, for he was at least 3 metres tall, and rich in  sheer physical strength.
Not quite a necro, eh?  ;)

Greetings, Fragbait
I made him even before the first movie came out. If I'd made him after, I would have made him a Barb or a Pally or something.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
...I always got a snicker out of Ice Queen Clone. One of Occhi's, I think.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I've recently registered Stupid_Newbie and Stupid_Newb. :)
Mirajj,Feb 5 2004, 03:06 AM Wrote:...I always got a snicker out of Ice Queen Clone. One of Occhi's, I think.
There's a character named the Ice Queen Clone in the book Demons Don't Dream, by Piers Anthony. She's a clone of the Ice Queen Crone.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Obi2Kenobi,Feb 4 2004, 08:05 PM Wrote:I've recently registered Stupid_Newbie and Stupid_Newb. :)
n00b!

NB :lol:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Best one i know is one i read here i believe. It was somebodys curse only necro named Samedia on Classic, eventually becoming the dreaded Baron Samedai! I dont exactly remember any good ones ive had, im pretty uncreative. <_<
My first character was MumrahTheGreat the necro, who is long deceased, and i just tried to name a hammerdin Hebrew_Hammer but was unable to.
Account: AsSeenOnTV
characters:

SixSecondAbs Ladder Trapper
MiricleBlaceIII Ladder Sword Barb
RoncoRotisserie Ladder Fball/Orb Sorc
MagicHammer Ladder Hammeridian

ItsAbitNippy Ladder Blizzard Sorc
ChaoticGood Ladder Poison/Overlord
BoneInfection Ladder Bonemancer

:D

Oh and one more inspired by the TomCruise film:
TheLastMoron
Except that the last moron has yet to be born . . .
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
On the whole Latin derivative topic, I have a WB druid on USEast SCL called Ourusin (ok, maybe it's more French than Latin, so sue me).

Also just made a Disillusioned Environmentalist Poison Necro called OfBabySeals. He's destined never to defeat NM Baal, making him...

wait for it...

Slayer OfBabySeals

Ok, maybe the suspense was a bit un-called for.

Ok, maybe it was in horribly bad taste, too...

Maybe I'll have to give in and turn him in to Champion OfBabySeals.

There, is that better? :P All I have to do now is get a poison necro strong enough for NM Baal. No easy task, for me at least.

Cheers,
RadagastTheBrown
Quote:There, is that better?  All I have to do now is get a poison necro strong enough for NM Baal. No easy task, for me at least.

Slayer you get for completing normal, Champion for NM, Patriarch/Matriarch for hell. You'd just have to get him through normal to be a Slayer of Baby Seals :P
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Yes, that is what he said. "Never destined to beat NM Baal" means that he will never receive the Champion title. :) I prefer the HC titles. Conqueror, Destroyer, and Guardian.
Destroyer ofBabySeals?

Oh dear.
Since my early D2 days, the toughest part of the game was to name my chars :lol: Most of the time they were named after video games or movies.

Those I remember (and that aren't too lame) :

- Lans (Martyr, D2C 1.0)
- Die_Bitch (S/S Barbarian, D2C 1.0 to 1.08) (Wasn't meant to offense anyone, I just played too much Duke Nukem :blink:
- Sindel (Cold Sorc, D2C 1.06 to 1.08)
- Kormu (Zealot, LoD 1.07 to 1.09)
- Wild (Shapeshifter and summoner, LoD 1.09)
- Lotus (Martial Arts Assassin, LoD 1.09)
- DivineJustice (Fire Elementalist, LoD 1.10)
- HellHasFrozen (Freezadin, LoD 1.10)
I just started BioRegen, my new SC Ladder medic B)
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Sporky Smurf,Feb 20 2004, 07:14 PM Wrote:Destroyer ofBabySeals?

Oh dear.
No, silly: Guardian OfBabySeals ( protects them form all those crazt slayers and destroyers of baby seals)

:)
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I am thinkin of naming one of my chars. "Rthesemypants" Dont know why. Also, Sphynctorsays_what.
Hardcore names:
Kat_Astrophe (waiting to happen ... fifth attempt at a remake for a sorceress ... aint dead yet!)
Kat_Aclysmic (elemental druid)
Kat_InTheKettle (dual sword baba with low life and high% leech)
Kat_InTheRoad (level 1 necro that died vs a quill rat ..... lagged out ?? lol)

Softcore names:
Kat_Nip (merc pally with maxed fanat/conviction ... nobody can get enough of me!!)
FrostShatter (dual mace baba with iceblink and a pair of sureshrill frosts .... freezes EVERYTHING)
NovaLock (covered with ctc nova items ... it's a bad thing :P )
TheAvonLady (dueling zon .... "slain by the avon lady?????" )
CruelToAnimals (mule baba ... the "animals" are the other players, to whom i would show the godly items i dont bother using ...)
PokeHimInTheEye (mule amazon ... on which i kept an assortment of crafted/rare javs... to include cruel matriarchal javs, cruel maiden javs, 2 ethereal titans, several +2 zon with +2 jav skill mat javs/cer javs...

and my personal favorite, for other reasons entirely ....

LLMF (Low Level Magic Find ... a level 63 sorceress that STILL hasnt completed normal, has 670% magic find, and is only missing 23 items to complete the list of all the set/unique items you can get in normal with a non-exceptional/elite base item. She also happens to be an accomplished chippie runner, and has made 29 cruel elite 3-socket swords in the 5 months that I ran her ... best one?? cruel 297% 3-soc cryptic sword of amp damage..... )
The idea of a Frozen_er Baba sound good.. snif, i only have the items needed in nonladder =(

My best names, all in europe and some reserved in east too:

CashmakerLadder ( Goldfinder Necro 62 whith 1300 GH in him and other in the necro... )
PerfectVixen Retired NonLadder Bowazon
OneZonArmyCorp Retired no ladder Windforce zon with 10*10 MAx DAM charms and full velocity.

Ladder Works in Progress;

Slowmancer ( yes, this is the name )
AngelOfThunder (Angel Set Classic Tesladin for warp)
NecrosDad ( classic Summoner )
OneBoneArmyCorp a guy with lvl 12 bone spirits at level 30 =)
Real_Ruthless Sazabi Zon
LivingStash (yas, stupid name )

And some others i cant remember for now.
I only have three chars ATM. I have Cirelle, my tri-elemental sorceress who I actually use, and her two item-monkeys, TehMuel(Barb) and TehOtherMuel(Paladin).
Reality is the greatest illusion of all.
Is LivingStash as stupid as Storage?
I'm thinking about a Fister named Joe_Louis.