The Lurker Lounge Forums
Undocumented 2.2 Features - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Undocumented 2.2 Features (/thread-2635.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Lissa - 09-27-2007

Quote:I think something got changed with the UI scale. I manually repositioned everything, but I saw a blue post suggesting that you manually adjust your UI scale to 90%.

I think I've figured out what has happened. I started playing around with wide formats and what I observed fits without my thoughts on this, 1920x1200 is now displaying at 1920x1080 and 1920x1080 is now displaying as a 4x3 format (thinking 1600x1200, but can't confirm).

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Kevin - 09-27-2007

Not really an undocumented feature but AV is a lot more fun with the reporting feature.

Sure many of the games are still zergs but actually having a chance to win is sooooo much better. Games seem to run in the 15-30 minute range now. Horde doesn't always win but it's been a crap ton more fun.

We'll see if the report feature keeps it happy.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Zarathustra - 09-27-2007

Here's one heck of a "feature" that didn't make it into the patch notes.

15 minutes into the fight with Illidan, he shouts that you've taken too long, and will now fail... then he berzerks, gains 500% damage and 150% attack speed.

Look at WWS reports of Illidan kills and see how many were in less than 15 minutes. Keep in mind this was with Haste in its previous form and some using rogues with both the Blades of Azzinoth.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - oldmandennis - 09-27-2007

Quote:I noticed last night that the Inn in Booty Bay is no longer flagged as an inn (I don't get the rest notification anymore).

W<

It was for me last night.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - nobbie - 09-27-2007

Tigole says they are looking into Illidan. Also: Zul'Aman will probably hit the PTR the first week of October:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...1&pageNo=16#317

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Taelas - 09-27-2007

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...1&pageNo=18#357

They're changing the Berserk timer to 25 minutes in a hotfix.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Watto44 - 09-27-2007

Quote:That's been the Honored price for all of Burning Crusade.
I had a feeling just after I hit post that that change was probably made months ago and I just never noticed. It doesn't lessen my pleasure at the discovery though.:D

Undocumented 2.2 Features - mandydax - 09-27-2007

Quote:I had a feeling just after I hit post that that change was probably made months ago and I just never noticed. It doesn't lessen my pleasure at the discovery though.:D
Can you imagine if they lowered the Master riding skill by 40%? Epic flying 3000g instead of 5000g? I'd be a bit pissed about the extra 2k I speant to get my main one, but I'd be happy to be able to get my alt one, too.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Watto44 - 09-28-2007

Quote:Can you imagine if they lowered the Master riding skill by 40%? Epic flying 3000g instead of 5000g? I'd be a bit pissed about the extra 2k I speant to get my main one, but I'd be happy to be able to get my alt one, too.
That would be great, and who knows, if bliz introduce zepplin mounts! in WotLK it just might happen! (Being able to get your epic flying mount on unfinished level 70 questing alone would take some of the joy/relief out of aquiring it though.)

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Kevin - 09-29-2007

Warden's Arrows now soulbind which sucks.

I used to buy about a weeks supply of them from the CE quartermaster than mail them to an alt and bounce them back so I could restock arrows from any mailbox. But now if I need a restock I have to go back to Cenarion Post. Annoying and pointless change as you still needed to be revered with CE to use them. Soulbinding them is just an annoyance.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Tal - 09-30-2007

Quote:Warden's Arrows now soulbind which sucks.

I used to buy about a weeks supply of them from the CE quartermaster than mail them to an alt and bounce them back so I could restock arrows from any mailbox. But now if I need a restock I have to go back to Cenarion Post. Annoying and pointless change as you still needed to be revered with CE to use them. Soulbinding them is just an annoyance.

Which means I can no longer bum them off Quark when I've forgotten to buy them on Shal.:(

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Quark - 09-30-2007

Quote:Which means I can no longer bum them off Quark when I've forgotten to buy them on Shal.:(

Pfft, not like I carried any ammo once I switched to a throwing weapon.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Tal - 09-30-2007

Quote:Pfft, not like I carried any ammo once I switched to a throwing weapon.

So I can "Liuv" you for pulls?

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Icebird - 09-30-2007

AV was... interesting. I only played for day, then I finished grinding out the honour for my Veteran's Pendant.

The AV race is now more of an all-out sprint, and the Horde certainly seemed to be winning a respectable share of their games. After about a half a dozen games, I realised the actual winner of the match was largely irrelevant, and the real battle was to cap all the towers and kill all the Lieutenants before the game ended to get maximum honor for your time. (Did you know you can honor from objectives that cap even after one of the generals dies?).

Of course for the most part this meant that there was even less PVP in the pvp battlefield than usual.

Chris

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Kevin - 09-30-2007

Quote:AV was... interesting. I only played for day, then I finished grinding out the honour for my Veteran's Pendant.

The AV race is now more of an all-out sprint, and the Horde certainly seemed to be winning a respectable share of their games. After about a half a dozen games, I realised the actual winner of the match was largely irrelevant, and the real battle was to cap all the towers and kill all the Lieutenants before the game ended to get maximum honor for your time. (Did you know you can honor from objectives that cap even after one of the generals dies?).

Of course for the most part this meant that there was even less PVP in the pvp battlefield than usual.

Chris

AV weekend will always be like that. Non weekend matches you actually see some defense.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Artega - 10-01-2007

Quote:AV weekend will always be like that. Non weekend matches you actually see some defense.

Because people are idiots and don't realize that AV isn't there for anything except easymode honor<_<

Undocumented 2.2 Features - LochnarITB - 10-01-2007

Quote:Because people are idiots and don't <span style="color:#FFCC00">care that AV <span style="color:#FFCC00">is there for anything except easymode honor<_<
There, fixed it for you. And it will always be that way as long as Blizzard awards hanging out with better equipment than most will ever get questing/raiding. They know full well what Blizzard presents it as and also know that it is really an equipment factory.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Swiss Mercenary - 10-01-2007

Quote:There, fixed it for you. And it will always be that way as long as Blizzard awards hanging out with better equipment than most will ever get questing/raiding. They know full well what Blizzard presents it as and also know that it is really an equipment factory.

I'd be hard-pressed to call BG/Season 1 equipment to be at all significantly better then quest/raid gear in PvE. I know that I don't use the pieces I have there, that's for sure.

In PvP it's clearly superior... But a bit cyclical.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Concillian - 10-01-2007

Quote:I'd be hard-pressed to call BG/Season 1 equipment to be at all significantly better then quest/raid gear in PvE. I know that I don't use the pieces I have there, that's for sure.

In PvP it's clearly superior... But a bit cyclical.

This depends highly on the gear you have access to.

The vast majority of the playerbase has access only to Kara gear, some even less than that. Even then you need it to drop. The majority of players see significant PvE benefit from Veteran's gear and such from honor.

Undocumented 2.2 Features - Swiss Mercenary - 10-02-2007

Quote:This depends highly on the gear you have access to.

The vast majority of the playerbase has access only to Kara gear, some even less than that. Even then you need it to drop. The majority of players see significant PvE benefit from Veteran's gear and such from honor.

With my pre-Kara blues, on a mage, I tend to lose a few points of spell damage, get a few points of spell crit (that result in lower damage overall), and trade a bunch of +Int for +Sta, in comparison to the honor rewards.

Season 1 arena gear's a bit better in that department, but not by much. A few points aren't a big factor.