Undocumented 2.2 Features
Go here for a current running list, which Viral of Stormrage is maintaining.

I love some of this stuff.

Quote:Griftah unceremoniously ousted from Shattrath. Now sadly selling his fine wares (at unreasonably cheap prices!) in Terrokar Forest, just outside of the city's south-eastern tunnel at 36, 30
Personally I enjoy these flavor things. At the start of TBC, Griftah was peddling his "goods" unfettered. Then in patch 2.1(?) the Peacekeeper set up next to him and challenged every one of Griftah's claims, often humorously. Now the poor guy's been kicked out of Lower City. Blizzard could use adding more of these timeline-style mini-stories to the game to add flavor and make the world seem less static.

And for Quark:

Quote:Male night elf shoulders arc differently
Finally, the joys of patch day - screenshot taken as Cleoboltra flies from Shattrath to Area 52:

[Image: wow115.jpg]

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
That white area just means a texture is missing. It probably just means that the server is slow to send it to the client, not that the textures themselves are absent:)

I've logged in a few times to a completely white, featureless Orgrimmar back in the days of Lv.60.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:And for Quark:
Finally, the joys of patch day - screenshot taken as Cleoboltra flies from Shattrath to Area 52:
And I thought a part of Northrend already made it into the 2.2 patch MPQ's;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I dunno about others, but the most annoying one I saw was the fact that Blizzard did *something* to the resolution of the wide format. This cause me a bit of grief fixing my UI to look like it had prior to this patch.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I completely lost all sound in-game when I installed the patch. Don't know if you'd call that 'undocumented features' or not...:P
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Blizzard is now the most annoying AoE spell in the game. It causes a graphical lightning bolt to hit EVERY enemy affected, once a second, for the entire duration.

Oh, each lightning bolt has sound attached.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Blizzard is now the most annoying AoE spell in the game. It causes a graphical lightning bolt to hit EVERY enemy affected, once a second, for the entire duration.

Oh, each lightning bolt has sound attached.

Err, hurricane? :)
According to the thread linked skills like find mineral and herb now persist through death. AWESOME change.
Quote:According to the thread linked skills like find mineral and herb now persist through death.
This will completely unbalance arenas. OMG. Phear the herbalism.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Err, hurricane? :)

Hurricane already was the most annoying AoE spell in the game. I like to call it 'smokescreen'.
Quote:Err, hurricane? :)

Er... yeah.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I dunno about others, but the most annoying one I saw was the fact that Blizzard did *something* to the resolution of the wide format. This cause me a bit of grief fixing my UI to look like it had prior to this patch.

I think something got changed with the UI scale. I manually repositioned everything, but I saw a blue post suggesting that you manually adjust your UI scale to 90%.
Quote:I completely lost all sound in-game when I installed the patch. Don't know if you'd call that 'undocumented features' or not...:P
I thought I was also having this problem with an updated-yet-buggy add-on, so I uninstalled it, and it still had no sound. After another few minutes, I figured out that I'd accidentally turned the in-line volume all the way down on my headset when I pet my cat. :blush:
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Illidan Stormrage now has a 15-minute berserk timer, after which he wipes the raid.

The fight is 20 minutes long. Only 22 out of 3221 worldwide Illidan kills have been in 15 minutes or less. High end guilds who've been farming him no longer have the DPS to beat the enrage, even with players in full Illidan gear including warglaives.

Good job, Blizzard.
Wow.

Well, that's one way of stopping people from waffle-stomping him.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
The zepplin masters now announce the arrival and departure of the zepplins and journeyman riding skill only costs 540g now. :w00t:
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
*Insert Dagger*
*Twist*
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:The zepplin masters now announce the arrival and departure of the zepplins and journeyman riding skill only costs 540g now. :w00t:

That's been the Honored price for all of Burning Crusade.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Quote:Illidan Stormrage now has a 15-minute berserk timer, after which he wipes the raid.
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! *cough*

That's really harsh. Especially since you guys were working on him, and now your "I beat WoW" kill is going to get pushed back significantly. It's like someone over there is thinking "Shahraz is ezmode now; let's give them something else to complain about."

Since only 0.03% of the population of WoW players (rough estimate based on wowjujitsu stats, which only factor in raiding population and not total population) have even seen Illidan, the complaining about this won't nearly be as loud as the many other bugs floating around. Which means it could be awhile...

I heard Al'ar is also a bit more wicked; have they hotfixed it back to normal yet? Not that you run TK anymore.

For me, I got mired in this problem for the past two days. Blizzard's solution (turning off Checksum Offloading on your NIC) is half-assed; it gets you into the game, but latency/lag effects are bad due to all the network traffic having to route over your bus to your CPU. In the end, the "fix" is to rebuild your WoW cache by loading as many items/graphics/etc as you can with Checksum Offloading disabled, and then turn it back on.

-Bolty
I noticed last night that the Inn in Booty Bay is no longer flagged as an inn (I don't get the rest notification anymore).

W<