Looking at alt character builds...
I'm playing my rouge and I'm thinking that I'd like to have an alt character to play so that my friend's alt and my main don't totally fall out of pace with each other.

I've been looking at single target casters (shadow priests, destruction warlocks, mages), and I've been wondering whether an impact firemage build would be viable.

Primarily focusing on scorch & fireblast, the build would get 5 attacks every 6.5 seconds, or roughly .77 attacks per second, and an average stunlock for impact would be roughly .2 attacks per second; a soft lock with 3 impact mages, close to a hard lock with 4. The prospect of a damage-mitigation mage is interesting to me, but every time I look at it, the frost-tree just looks strictly better, in damage, mana efficiency, point efficiency, and even the freeze effect vs the orc-resistable stun effect.

Am I missing something, or is the ice tree just better than the fire tree, period?

EDIT> Looking at the stats, rogues actually don't get another skill after 34... EVER. The other classes don't plateau like this gameplay wise, do they?

I'm looking at drainlife warlocks. Could be fun, could be boring as all hell waiting for DoT to finish something off...

How are ranged Hunters in the DPS department?
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24

Messages In This Thread
Looking at alt character builds... - by GenericKen - 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Looking at alt character builds... - by Xanthix - 03-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Looking at alt character builds... - by Crusader - 03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Looking at alt character builds... - by Rinnhart - 03-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Looking at alt character builds... - by Arnath - 03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Looking at alt character builds... - by Rinnhart - 03-31-2006, 08:32 PM