New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
lemekim,Apr 18 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:My second thought is a bit more speculative, and directly relates to your statement about Shamanistic nature of Draenei. What if Alliance is finally getting Shamans, and Horde is getting Paladins? After all, the last class that will be available to Blood Elves is still unknown (I wonder why), and we already know that Draenei can be Shamans. Absurd? Correct me if I am wrong, but nowhere did Blizzard state that it will not happen. It is merely assumed that it will not happen, but why shouldn’t it?
[right][snapback]107559[/snapback][/right]

They can't give the faction-specific classes to the other side because it will mess with raid configuration and balance. Right now, having 5x8=40, equal numbers of each class equals a full raid. They won't bump raid size to 45 because that would require rebalancing all existing 40-man content.

Also regarding balance--how would they handle mixing Shaman totems (Mana Spring, Tranquil air, etc.) with Paladin buffs (Wisdom, Salvation, etc.)? It could completely trivialize some encounters. Or imagine attempting Razorgore with a combination of low-aggro heals and earthbind totem.

My guess about the mention of the Lost Ones is that they will present a large body of questing plotlines in Outland and possibly related to Hellfire Citadel. Like Cenarion Hold and the AQs.

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by Monkey - 04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM