New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
Gnollguy,Apr 18 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:Well something like improved grace of air (77 * 1.15) = 88.55 agility.  Then you put Blessing of Kings on top of that.  88.55 * 1.10 = 97.4 agility for anyone in that.  And you can do the same with strength of earth for the str 97.4 str.

... So we can add 1K armor from devo aura, the shaman air and earth totems for that extra damage (more aggro) and extra dodge (less damage).

[right][snapback]107583[/snapback][/right]

Just a minor nit and aside: you're correct that the added dodge and crit is nice from the grace of air, but despite the upgraded version being so nice, Windfury is the totem of choice in the Main Tank (or any tank, really) group. Playing as the #1 Shaman in my guild, I know this from experience. A knowledgeable Main Tank will always prefer and request Windfury over Grace of Air, as the frequently occurring extra swing (which swings with increased AP as well) produces extra rage and extra aggro. As you may know, aggro is the ultimate goal of the main tank; the extra hard hitting swings afforded the main tank produce the rage necessary to quickly gobble up aggro. Dodging is nice and all, but getting hit hard also generates a lot of rage, so the dodge element from Grace of Air is not of real concern. The only trade-off between Windfury and Grace of Air is the % to crit. The extra rage generated by extra swings, and in turn, extra aggro, outweighs the threat generated by a crit.

In the main tank group, Windfury is always priority. Totem drop order goes Resistance totem (if required), Windfury, Strength, extra (say a searing totem, or mana totem).

In anything other than a main tank group, Shaman and Paladin combos aren't really a big concern, considering Paladin auras are 1 at a time and Paladin buffs affect the entire party/raid. The combination of a Paladin and Shaman together would only be beneficial for the Shaman and Paladin; totems and blessings with an aura together would be nice.

Now, in my guild, I'm usually solo in the main tank group as a Shaman. It usually goes, Warrior (MT), Shaman, Warlock (For the Imp), Priest, and "other" (sometimes a hunter for the aspect, sometimes a mage, sometimes a druid for extra healing, sometimes another shaman for crazy totemage). If Paladins were magically allowed to roll on the horde side, an ideal group for us would be: Warrior, Priest, Shaman, Paladin, Warlock. A nice Defense, or Resistance aura, Kings or Might buff for the MT, mana regen buff for the shaman, aggro reducer for the priest, windfury, strength and mana spring for all to share. It'd be a thing of beauty. Problem is, that'll never happen, because Paladins are Alliance only, and will always be Alliance only. Same for Shamans being Horde only. It's one of the selling points of the game! :D
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by JustAGuy - 04-19-2006, 11:09 PM