New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
Artega,Apr 18 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:Apples to potatoes.  The only real reason to choice one faction over another - besides personal preference and/or overactive testosterone production - is whether you want Pallies or Shammies fighting for loot with you (Pallies fighting Warriors, Shammies fighting Hunters.)
[right][snapback]107639[/snapback][/right]

Your comparison isn't completely accurate. Paladins can fight Warriors for practically all their loot and make relatively good use out of it (as good as a paladin could, that is... Click Seal of Command, wait... ), save for a few weapon types. Swords, axes, maces, shields, all the plate they can get their hands on, and even polearms. Practically everything a Warrior can use, a Paladin can use, and will eventually roll/bid on.

Only very particular builds of Shaman will fight with Hunters for loot. Certain mail pieces, particularly those with +AP and some int, will be fought for between Enhancement Shamans and Hunters. Most Hunter-esque mail is ignored by Elemental and Resto Shamans, as they don't give nearly enough intellect to be useful. I don't see many hunters rolling around with +healing maces and daggers. Shamans aren't even capable of using polearms, bows and swords, so those aren't competed for. One point of contention however, is axes. A nice +AP axe, 2-h or 1-h, would be an asset to either class.

My Shaman has Perdition's Blade right now... So, I guess I fight for loot with rogues. ;)
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by JustAGuy - 04-19-2006, 11:26 PM