Terenas - My next L60
Gnollguy,May 16 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:I started by trying to do this analysis myself but failed.

This is what I got for L60's

Druid: Mist, VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: VoiceMan, Swirly, GG
Mage: Alram, Mist
Priest: Bringer, Conc, Jarulf, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Conc, Alram, Mist
Shaman: Mav, Treesh, Kosch
Warlock: Conc, Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Mist, Swirly, Urza, Wimpy, Vorlord (via Durambar)

I don't really count Durambar.  I don't know how long that account will be kept active.  Jarulf's timezone makes it very hard for him to join us for groups as well.

If you look at what kinda seems to be the mains for people and remove Jarulf and Durambar, though there is no reason that mains can't change, you get:

Druid: VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: Swirly, GG
Mage: Mist
Priest: Bringer, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Alram
Shaman: Mav, Treesh, Kosch
Warlock: Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Urza, Wimpy

Hunter is out of course because well I've got one, having two won't help.  :)  So what I see there is that we have 3 shaman mains that have no other L60 alts.  I guess that can remove shaman from the equation.  I see 3 priest mains with no other L60 alts, which looks to eliminate priest.  I see 2 warrior mains with no other L60 alts (though Wimpy I think has an L59) and we do have a strong stable of other warrior alts.  I see 1 druid main with no other L60 alts.  Sure that other alts can change, I know Urza has a few that are 50. 

I'm off the top of my head here but I think Tris is the only one with an L45+ (his mage is 50) who doesn't already have a 60.  And he is working a mage, who will likely hit 60 before my next 60 (though you never know since I've never really tried the power leveling thing)

So that shows the light classes as warlock and rogue, counting Tris in the equation.

I mentioned I have a L15 warlock, but that toon is in a duo with Treesh when I think about it again, so I'm looking at two classes I would be starting fresh, not a big deal really or talk with Treesh and see if she cares about keeping the duo together. 

The downside on the rogue is that while a rogue can bring CC in some cases, I can provide about the same level of CC with a double trap with Marn.  The rogue will bring more physical DPS to the table and is able to tie up a caster very well, but so is Marn.  Marn can also, with good use of explosive trap and volley, provied some limited AoE.  So while a rogue would give us more physical DPS than Marn can bring we can also get that by freeing up Mist or Conc for their rogues.

So yeah, if you count Tris's mage it does seem that another warlock would be good and the additional summoning power is nice, even if I'm not using the lock.  I know Conc has done this for us before.

If you look at how the raids with Keepers have been on class balance though, they are usually rogue light.  But I'm not worried about balancing that really.

But again I'm still very interested in what others have to say.  Maybe Voiceman really wants to stop playing Fazuul (I know that isn't the case, but it's just an example).  Maybe Mist really would rather focus on his rogue and put his mage on the back burn for a bit.  Maybe Conc would really rather focus on his warlock.  :)

It's not that we really need more flexibility right now I just want to try and provide as much as I can.

Besides this discusssion will give me more excuses to type really long posts!  :)
[right][snapback]110025[/snapback][/right]

I do not have a 59 alt. My highest level alt is 13 (I think)

Jester has a 55+ Warrior (Geldauran?)

PapaSmurf has a 59+ druid (Dunar)

Xame has a 60 Mage (Yuri)

Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory

Messages In This Thread
Terenas - My next L60 - by Kevin - 05-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Terenas - My next L60 - by swirly - 05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Terenas - My next L60 - by Alram - 05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Terenas - My next L60 - by Kevin - 05-16-2006, 04:48 PM