Terenas - My next L60
OK. So we all know I have altitis. But I've decided that I want to see what mainly focusing on one toon on the journey to 60 is like instead of doing my typical spread the play around 3-6 at a time. The 'play what you like' approach won't work because I haven't found a class that I don't really like to play.

I currently have the following options:
Takishidu - L27 Priest
Krashenk - L28 Shaman
Gnoldren - L26 Druid
KamGrayhoof - L27 Warrior
Shari - L15 Mage
Katiliane - L15 Warlock

I don't have a rogue right now, but I have 2 char slots open since Drallmok will be deleted because the reason he was made for is not valid anymore and I don't really have any desire to play him anymore. I've always had a blast playing my rogue on Stormrage when I played him, but just never got around to making one horde side. I wouldn't consider the time behind the other toons a big hinderance for starting a rogue either. I can get to L20 in 15 hours played pretty easily (Shari is L15 and I think she's at 8 hours right now and she did most of 0-15 without rested bonus).

I can list pro's ancd cons for each but really I'm interested in what the guild thinks because I don't really care much one way or the other. At this stage, while I still vastly prefer a Lurkers group I can deal with PuGs for instances or just being cheesed through to get quests done or get a few of the choice BoP's. I'm not rich on this server (in fact since I just spent some money on enchants and helping Mogo get some FR upgrades I'm down to about 180 gold across all toons) but I've got enough to be able to twink over at least enough money to keep any of the basic ease of play items purchasable. And of course Marn can destroy a few of the lower level instances (I can solo all of SM on him if I want) to help get twinkable BoE's that might help out from those places.

But I'm mainly I'm just looking for help on picking a toon to focus on. One that may help add a little flexibilty to the guild. I know that Marn can provide some solid help to a good with good physical DPS, and the ability to even tank if we are willing to go a bit slower in an instance but I would like to have the option of saying something like "Yeah I can bring a mage for AoE" or "Yeah I can tank that with my warrior" or "I can heal that with my priest" or "I can bring the lock for AoE and DPS" or "I can bring the rogue to sap and tear stuff up" or "Sure I'll bring the druid to help heal" or "Yeah the shaman would be a great offtank and spare healing" or or or or. :)

I know we are usually good enough but there are times where me having a choice besides Marn could help make a group more optimal.

And I'll get more stuff to 60, eventually, but I'd just rather have 1 more 60 than 3 40's. :) So give me your input and let me know your thoughts. Of course I may just settle on something out of dumb luck as well, but so far I haven't been able to decide because I like all the classes too much. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well what do we have...off the top of my head (I'm listing chars not played currently as well):

Warriors: Conc, wimpy, jandrey, mist, durambar, myself
Hunters: You, voice, myself
Priest: Necrali, xarhud, conc
Warlock: octord, conc
Shaman, kesh, mogo, kosch
Rogue: alram, conc, mist
Mage: Yuri, mist, alram
Druid: fazuul, mist, nash

I'm fairly sure that I missed some, but off the top of my head that is the current situation. Now you figure that between mogo, necrali, xarhud, nash, and voice there is probably enough healing to go around and thats just counting the ones I know heal a good amount. For tanking we have conc, wimpy, jandrey, mist, and fazuul whic halso seems like plenty. For dps we have yourself, octord, yuri, and conc without counting the shamans since I'm unsure where to count them really. For AOE we have yuri, mist, octord, and conc.

So to whats all that mean? Well our healing looks pretty good to me, though alot of it is shaman/druid healing what with only having the two priests. I'm fine with shaman/druid healing though so I think healing is stable. Our tanking is also pretty solid if mist is free to play his tank. That gives us conc and mist who are often around as well as jandrey and wimpy who are around a decent amount. If you figure that conc is probably tanking and you aren't on your hunter then the dps area is looking a little slim. The AOE area is even worse though. So AOE and dps would mean you go either a mage or a warlock. Personally I would say to go mage because its AOE is stronger, but thats really your call. I also like the idea of you being able to bring your mage instead of mist bringing his. Since he has 4 characters it adds alot to be able to free him up to play whichever one is needed instead of always needing to be on his mage because we are short there.

So thats my pick, make a mage!
Tris is bringing up a mage. So I'd say warlock.

swirly,May 16 2006, 03:14 AM Wrote:Well what do we have...off the top of my head (I'm listing chars not played currently as well):

I'm fairly sure that I missed some, but off the top of my head that is the current situation.  Now you figure that between mogo, necrali, xarhud, nash, and voice there is probably enough healing to go around and thats just counting the ones I know heal a good amount.  For tanking we have conc, wimpy, jandrey, mist, and fazuul whic halso seems like plenty.  For dps we have yourself, octord, yuri, and conc without counting the shamans since I'm unsure where to count them really.  For AOE we have yuri, mist, octord, and conc.

So to whats all that mean?  Well our healing looks pretty good to me, though alot of it is shaman/druid healing what with only having the two priests.  I'm fine with shaman/druid healing though so I think healing is stable.  Our tanking is also pretty solid if mist is free to play his tank.  That gives us conc and mist who are often around as well as jandrey and wimpy who are around a decent amount.  If you figure that conc is probably tanking and you aren't on your hunter then the dps area is looking a little slim.  The AOE area is even worse though.  So AOE and dps would mean you go either a mage or a warlock.  Personally I would say to go mage because its AOE is stronger, but thats really your call.  I also like the idea of you being able to bring your mage instead of mist bringing his.  Since he has 4 characters it adds alot to be able to free him up to play whichever one is needed instead of always needing to be on his mage because we are short there. 

So thats my pick, make a mage!
[right][snapback]109981[/snapback][/right]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
swirly,May 16 2006, 03:14 AM Wrote:Well what do we have...off the top of my head (I'm listing chars not played currently as well):

[right][snapback]109981[/snapback][/right]

I started by trying to do this analysis myself but failed.

This is what I got for L60's

Druid: Mist, VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: VoiceMan, Swirly, GG
Mage: Alram, Mist
Priest: Bringer, Conc, Jarulf, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Conc, Alram, Mist
Shaman: Mav, Treesh, Kosch
Warlock: Conc, Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Mist, Swirly, Urza, Wimpy, Vorlord (via Durambar)

I don't really count Durambar. I don't know how long that account will be kept active. Jarulf's timezone makes it very hard for him to join us for groups as well.

If you look at what kinda seems to be the mains for people and remove Jarulf and Durambar, though there is no reason that mains can't change, you get:

Druid: VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: Swirly, GG
Mage: Mist
Priest: Bringer, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Alram
Warlock: Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Urza, Wimpy

Hunter is out of course because well I've got one, having two won't help. :) So what I see there is that we have 3 shaman mains that have no other L60 alts. I guess that can remove shaman from the equation. I see 3 priest mains with no other L60 alts, which looks to eliminate priest. I see 2 warrior mains with no other L60 alts (though Wimpy I think has an L59) and we do have a strong stable of other warrior alts. I see 1 druid main with no other L60 alts. Sure that other alts can change, I know Urza has a few that are 50.

I'm off the top of my head here but I think Tris is the only one with an L45+ (his mage is 50) who doesn't already have a 60. And he is working a mage, who will likely hit 60 before my next 60 (though you never know since I've never really tried the power leveling thing)

So that shows the light classes as warlock and rogue, counting Tris in the equation.

I mentioned I have a L15 warlock, but that toon is in a duo with Treesh when I think about it again, so I'm looking at two classes I would be starting fresh, not a big deal really or talk with Treesh and see if she cares about keeping the duo together.

The downside on the rogue is that while a rogue can bring CC in some cases, I can provide about the same level of CC with a double trap with Marn. The rogue will bring more physical DPS to the table and is able to tie up a caster very well, but so is Marn. Marn can also, with good use of explosive trap and volley, provied some limited AoE. So while a rogue would give us more physical DPS than Marn can bring we can also get that by freeing up Mist or Conc for their rogues.

So yeah, if you count Tris's mage it does seem that another warlock would be good and the additional summoning power is nice, even if I'm not using the lock. I know Conc has done this for us before.

If you look at how the raids with Keepers have been on class balance though, they are usually rogue light. But I'm not worried about balancing that really.

But again I'm still very interested in what others have to say. Maybe Voiceman really wants to stop playing Fazuul (I know that isn't the case, but it's just an example). Maybe Mist really would rather focus on his rogue and put his mage on the back burn for a bit. Maybe Conc would really rather focus on his warlock. :)

It's not that we really need more flexibility right now I just want to try and provide as much as I can.

Besides this discusssion will give me more excuses to type really long posts! :)
---
Gnollguy,May 16 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:I started by trying to do this analysis myself but failed.

This is what I got for L60's

Druid: Mist, VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: VoiceMan, Swirly, GG
Mage: Alram, Mist
Priest: Bringer, Conc, Jarulf, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Conc, Alram, Mist
Warlock: Conc, Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Mist, Swirly, Urza, Wimpy, Vorlord (via Durambar)

I don't really count Durambar.  I don't know how long that account will be kept active.  Jarulf's timezone makes it very hard for him to join us for groups as well.

If you look at what kinda seems to be the mains for people and remove Jarulf and Durambar, though there is no reason that mains can't change, you get:

Druid: VoiceMan, SirDie
Hunter: Swirly, GG
Mage: Mist
Priest: Bringer, Vorlord, Xarhud
Rogue: Alram
Warlock: Khgerg
Warrior: Conc, Urza, Wimpy

Hunter is out of course because well I've got one, having two won't help.  :)  So what I see there is that we have 3 shaman mains that have no other L60 alts.  I guess that can remove shaman from the equation.  I see 3 priest mains with no other L60 alts, which looks to eliminate priest.  I see 2 warrior mains with no other L60 alts (though Wimpy I think has an L59) and we do have a strong stable of other warrior alts.  I see 1 druid main with no other L60 alts.  Sure that other alts can change, I know Urza has a few that are 50. 

I'm off the top of my head here but I think Tris is the only one with an L45+ (his mage is 50) who doesn't already have a 60.  And he is working a mage, who will likely hit 60 before my next 60 (though you never know since I've never really tried the power leveling thing)

So that shows the light classes as warlock and rogue, counting Tris in the equation.

I mentioned I have a L15 warlock, but that toon is in a duo with Treesh when I think about it again, so I'm looking at two classes I would be starting fresh, not a big deal really or talk with Treesh and see if she cares about keeping the duo together. 

The downside on the rogue is that while a rogue can bring CC in some cases, I can provide about the same level of CC with a double trap with Marn.  The rogue will bring more physical DPS to the table and is able to tie up a caster very well, but so is Marn.  Marn can also, with good use of explosive trap and volley, provied some limited AoE.  So while a rogue would give us more physical DPS than Marn can bring we can also get that by freeing up Mist or Conc for their rogues.

So yeah, if you count Tris's mage it does seem that another warlock would be good and the additional summoning power is nice, even if I'm not using the lock.  I know Conc has done this for us before.

If you look at how the raids with Keepers have been on class balance though, they are usually rogue light.  But I'm not worried about balancing that really.

But again I'm still very interested in what others have to say.  Maybe Voiceman really wants to stop playing Fazuul (I know that isn't the case, but it's just an example).  Maybe Mist really would rather focus on his rogue and put his mage on the back burn for a bit.  Maybe Conc would really rather focus on his warlock.  :)

It's not that we really need more flexibility right now I just want to try and provide as much as I can.

Besides this discusssion will give me more excuses to type really long posts!  :)
[right][snapback]110025[/snapback][/right]

I do not have a 59 alt. My highest level alt is 13 (I think)

Jester has a 55+ Warrior (Geldauran?)

PapaSmurf has a 59+ druid (Dunar)

Xame has a 60 Mage (Yuri)

Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Well, it is an interesting choice. Swirly was very good at covering the basics. I agree that we probably have the healing covered. I know Xarhud doesn't like healing, but at the same time, he's never really had to much. Now with Bringer in the guild, that provides another healer priest, so we end up with two "healer" priests, a shadow priest, and two resto druids.

Normally we're short on tanking the last few weeks, since Bonemage quit the game. I know Vor_Lord has access to the account, and it's open til mid June, but what happens after that is uncertain. Besides that, if Vor_Lord plays Durambar, then we loose our main healer. Bringer is a good priest, and can cover if Necrali is on Durambar, but Bringer's work schedule is a little rough for him on Friday nights. Wimpy is getting nicely geared, and his schedule seems to be a bit free-er than it used to be, which is good. Conc of course.....and Swirly (who hopefully will come back soon) has a warrior, even though I know he prefers his hunter. Mistique has his warrior as well. So we have some nice flexibility with the warriors.
I realize if Mistique plays his warrior, we loose a mage, which leaves Yuri alone. That gets us back into AoE issues, etc.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Conc) that Conc prefers his warrior, which means he's not on the Warlock. That leaves Octord alone. Octord can't always make our more impromptu runs on other nights of the week, so having another warlock available would be nice. With Tris brining up a mage (heck, even I have a 24 mage I'm working on some), I would have to say my vote would probably go toward another warlock. Either that or a rogue, as Alram has our only 60 rogue that we see. I know Conc has one, but iirc he has said he has no real interest in playing him.

Now, having said all that...I've felt that as a guild, we have the core roles filled already. We have prot warriors, we have healers, we have DPS, we have backup healers, we have AoE. Usually I'm the only druid, although if we can get Dunar able to attend more regularly, and gear him up, there's another tank/healer/dps flexible toon that can really help. Normally I don't mind being the only druid. In some ways, I like it. It makes me play better, especially when I'm healing or tanking, knowing I don't have another druid to pick up the slack if I fail in some way. So that gets back again to the class that you'd have the most fun with. Tough to choose, I know..as I enjoy my hunter, my druid, my mage, my rogue, and my priest. :P But if I had to pick a class that I think the guild would benefit alot from, I'd say warlock. Also, a side benefit of that, is Octord is already geared up about as well as he can in 5 man content, so the growing/gearing up process of another warlock would mean little competition for cloth drops, as Octord has most of it now. :P

Just my 2 cents worth..if it's worth even that much.

EDIT: Yes....I just now saw Wimpy's post...and remebered Jester. Jester's Warrior is growing up nicely as well.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Did you change your mind about letting your sub run out?
Regarding my preferences, generally warrior and warlock are about equal preference, but the warrior is usually needed more. priest slightly lower, but it's good to keep gear reasonable on a healing option, even if it isn't needed often.

Rogue is way down on the list mostly because there's little point. Improved sap is the only thing missing from bringing the warrior in DPS gear. Otherwise, the warrior's gearing has him doing more DPS and taking less damage if he pulls aggro.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
oldmandennis,May 16 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:Did you change your mind about letting your sub run out?
[right][snapback]110037[/snapback][/right]

My subscription was out for 2 weeks.

I'm playing again, less frequently overall, but more frequently on Terenas than I had in the past. My time on Stormrage really got cut. Essentially I'm limited to 15 hours a week unless I discuss things with Treesh and others before putting more time on the game. I'm still unemployed but I'm looking for a job since I feel I can manage my condition well enough to be working again. So new limitiers might be put in place. But the weeks away really helped me get things worked out that needed to be worked out. The main reason I'm back now is to use the game as a joing liesure activity with my wife, Treesh, and her work schedule simply works better with the Terenas group than the Stormrage group. Her schedule is noon to 9 Stormrage time, but 10am to 7pm Terenas time, so it's much closer to a West Coast Schedule than an East Coast schedule, even though we live in the Central timezone. :)

So yeah it would likely be a month and half at best before I got another 60 over there but eh. It's a fun discussion and there is no class that I really don't love to play. :) So to me if I can help the guild the most with my choice, since it won't affect the fun I have playing the class or game, then it's a win. :)
---