Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:And, as I posed to Occhi, what happens when you have someone in a position where they can stone wall justice from our court systems, be it civilian or military? Who's to enact justice then?
So, you would circumvent the due process of law in pursuit of justice? Nice vigilante, Lissa, I didn't know you had it in you. My rope, your tree, who is on your sh** list?

Stonewalling isn't illegal, it is part of how the game of the law is played. It is using your lawyers against someone else's lawyers. That is what you get when you support the rule of law: Lawyer Wars, soon to be an exciting game in the Nintendo Wii. :P

Note, yet again, Saddam and Milosovic, who use this fine tactic rather nicely, to expose this whole process as yet another exhibit in the international zoo.

"We want to hang him, but let's first give him a Fair Trial and then hang him." I feel dirty just talking about it.

Quote:And yet, I point you back to what I said above. How do we deal with someone that does something and then manipulates the situation so they're effectively untouchable? So how are you going to deal with situations like that where someone can stymy the justice process?
Oh, dear, someone exploited a loophole in the law. Here let me call the police.

The answer to your problem is to attempt to get the legistlature to close the loophole. Them being loophole jumpers, I find the likelihood low that you'll succeed. The other answer is what is already being done to him in the media, and on the internet, the best smear campaign one can muster. Vigilantism in print.

The "Justice" canard you can toss into the bowl and flush. Short of God, you won't find perfect justice. You can at best get "good enough" which comes with loopholes. That's all we pay for, can afford, and it's all we get.

Or, the rope. Like I said, who is on your sh** list?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by Occhidiangela - 09-14-2006, 04:11 PM