Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between
Quote:Given that I gave you a citation that showed your position to be based on smoke, mirrors, and hot air, I reply to you about the ICC in two ways.

For the record, I've changed my mind from a pro-ICC to a 'Not overly thrilled' stance the last time it was brought up in the other thread.

For the rest - I attack this legislature for the same reasons that you attack the ICC. You consider it to be a kangoroo court, something quite different from trial by one's peers, and to not have a proper balance of power or influence. And I may not necessarily disagree with you there at this point in time.

However, the very same can be said about the kind of system for detaining and trying 'terrorists' that Dubya's working his best to get in (See - bill in question).

In regards to Maher Arar, the RCMP effed up their half of it, but that hardly absolves the US of their share of the deal. Incidently, one of the two parties has undergone a federal investigation, and apologised for their mistake. The other is citing the oft-(ab)used 'national security' as a set of sandbags, and waving away any responsibility. 'La, la, la, I can't hear you...'
"One day, o-n-e day..."

Messages In This Thread
Senate report concludes: no proof of contact between - by SwissMercenary - 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM