California Teen Cell Phone Use Ban While Driving
Quote: I've driven in almost every major metropolitan area in the world, and the roads and drivers in the USA are some of the best in the world. I think Athens was the worst place to drive (it seems that no one follows the road laws in Greece) and Rome/Tokyo tie for 2nd just due to the congestion. So, laws are useless unless you have enforcement and at some point the congestion will far exceed the ability of the state to "police" them.

Exactly. Enforcement is the only way of changing people's driving attitude. In Europe most laws are the same in all countries, only in some countries people just don't care.
Why? Because people from the south of europe are generally more evil?? No of course not. In the south of europe the police is usually only interested in drinking coffee, while in the north, they actually do something.

In Holland this leads to a lot of whining car drivers that feel that some great wrong was done to them because they got a speeding ticket for going 56 in a 50 zone, but for me it is better more victims.
In Italy children are never playing on the streets, like I did when I was young, because everywhere all the time somebody can drive by doing 80km an hour. The chance getting caught is around 0 so why wouldn't they.....

Messages In This Thread
California Teen Cell Phone Use Ban While Driving - by eppie - 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM