The "recommend a scary movie" for Halloween thread
Quote:Halloween is just around the corner and I love horror films. I thought it might be fruitful for us horror fans to recommend some great movies for the occasion.

I'd like to avoid people just posting a list of random horror movies, so please limit the recommendations to 1 movie per post. Please add a brief description and an IMDb link. If you want to recommend multiple films, please do so in separate posts.

My recommendation is Event Horizon, starring Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne. Youtube trailer

When I first saw the trailers for Event Horizon, I thought it was just another sci-fi film. I'm a big fan of sci-fi, so I went and saw it. Event Horizon is not a sci-fi movie. It is a horror film dressed in sci-fi clothes. There is some truly disturbing stuff in there. The basic premise is that a ship is created featuring an experimental propulsion system. They should have left this one on the drawing board, because the crew aboard the prototype ship never knew what was in store for them.

As a forewarning, I'm going to slap the first personw ho suggests one of the SAW movies. I somehow stomached 2 and 3, and can definitely say they rank in the top 10 worst movies I"ve ever seen.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee

Messages In This Thread
The "recommend a scary movie" for Halloween thread - by VinnieJones - 10-25-2008, 07:26 AM