Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period?
Greetings,

I don't believe that this will be as touchy a subject as you think, Wiccan. I understand your point about problems that result in exceptions to rules.

But they are exactly that : exceptions.

The flaming you experienced was quite extensive, if I can say so without stirring any animosity up. But once you explained your situation, an understanding was reached. I've since seen an admin leap to your defense, if I recall correctly.

I hate to sound harsh, but anyone with a serious enough condition (ie, not just having poor english due to not knowing the language) will most likely be flamed unless they explain themselves in advance. Hopefully everyone comes out on decent terms, but that isn't always going to be the case. The LL is very protective of its high standards, and defends them well.

In that spirit, I do support a waiting period. When I started typing this paragraph, I wanted to argue for a 24 hour waiting period instead... but in thinking out my arguements, the 3 day option won <_< . Sounds like the perfect amount of time, actually.

I would further suggest, if it doesn't already exist, a page before the sign up providing links to the forum rules, elric's guide, etc, encouraging people to read them before registering.

People that don't want to bother with reading them or dealing with the waiting period probably wouldn't be very well received here anyway :blink: .
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC

Messages In This Thread
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by dahak_i - 06-23-2003, 07:40 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Raz - 06-24-2003, 03:41 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Guest - 06-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Should the Lounge have a Waiting Period? - by Ice - 06-25-2003, 06:17 PM