There is only one goddess Gaia and Al Gore is her only prophet...
Quote:Think about this first.
Yes, let's do that. The article tells us that the fraction of CO2 that is airborne doesn't change, but that some of the scientific models that have been used to predict global warming presume otherwise. It was thought earlier that deposited CO2 would 'lag behind', so that the levels in the atmosphere would decrease naturally, to some point, even if we did nothing about it. Now we learn there is no lagging. No buffer to rely on.

Btw, it doesn't matter how limitless the capacity for natural sequestering is. Before that capacity will be used, more CO2 will have to be in the atmosphere first. That's what an equilibrium is all about.

Quote:I don't think there is a limit on the size of coral reefs
There is, because it can grow only at certain depths, but that is beside the point. Rising sea levels would be very harmful to existing coral, though, and we all know it doesn't grow fast.

Quote:I believe the worldwide practice of sound land management techniques would allow a very large increase in sequestration of atmospheric CO2
Well, so do I, and many other people. After all, a big part of the problem comes from mismanagement. It's a bit odd, though, to hear this from you. Don't you think that logging companies, once freed from the chains of government and no longer hindered by economy-killing preservation laws, would maximise profits by massive deforestation? Like they do now?

Messages In This Thread
There is only one goddess Gaia and Al Gore is her only prophet... - by Zenda - 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM