Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond!
(04-11-2011, 03:03 AM)Frag Wrote: I was mostly Reaver before, with Riftblade there for support passives and ranged kiting. I have a main Riftblade spec now and it does well if a bit of an odd duck, Reaver on the other hand... there's no noticable heals left in it and the dmg is just blech.

Yeah, I can see. I'm still 7 or 8 deep in Reaver and it is for some extra AoE options, and while the self healing is weak, it can still help. The damage is OK at lower levels too, where I'm at, but the scaling is poor and it will tail off in the 30's it looks like. I'm considering changing it out for another DPS soul, but really I likely won't go more than 7 deep in anything else since it will end up being my 3rd soul and what it offers for shallow investment still has value for me, when I'm higher level I might find a combo that works better with the Riftblade primary, but for now this is working and I have less downtime than I did pre patch, though as mentioned the play style of Riftblade changed a lot.

I do still like the deep Reaver build for tanking, but the paladin for 2nd soul is a must right now.

I understand why they are cutting damage back on tanking souls (they hit them all), but I'm disappointed that they couldn't keep it higher as it just added to the flexibility. There is still much more than WoW ever had, but some of it is going away. The reasons are often the same, PvE is being affected by PvP and while it seems they are keeping all the souls viable for that like they stated it doesn't feel that way all the time because they got stuck doing across the board scale backs and as always that is harder to accept than across the board buffing. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond! - by Kevin - 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM