Rift - Out of Beta into Head Start and Beyond!
I know there is a thread up here about the beta but I'm starting this one for the live game. Smile

So through a somewhat odd set of circumstances I now own this game, and a 6 month "Founders discounted" subscription. I can download it tonight when I get home and start in the head start event.

There is a list of servers here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.ph...erver+List

and they added these:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.ph...-pm-PST%29

So if there are other Lurkers who have gotten the game or who are planning on getting it, is there a server we want to congregate on? Chances are the 6 months I've got will be all I use, so it might not matter too much, but I figured I'd check into it. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
So Silkweb was up and not full when I got on, so that is where I am. Smile
---
I don't think I'll be buying the game. If I could afford to run a second subscription, I might have, but WoW just gives me more bang for my buck still. I had big hopes for the game giving me a reason to replace WoW, and the betas were great, but I found too much still requiring polish once I dug deeper into the rest of the game rather than emphasizing the save the day aspect of running from rift to rift and invasion to invasion. Please keep us posted on how the game grows and keeps the players going.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(02-25-2011, 06:05 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I don't think I'll be buying the game. If I could afford to run a second subscription, I might have, but WoW just gives me more bang for my buck still. I had big hopes for the game giving me a reason to replace WoW, and the betas were great, but I found too much still requiring polish once I dug deeper into the rest of the game rather than emphasizing the save the day aspect of running from rift to rift and invasion to invasion. Please keep us posted on how the game grows and keeps the players going.

Huh There's supposed to be more than just rifts and invasions?! Crazy talk there, Loch. Crazy talk. Wink
Intolerant monkey.
Well, got a normal copy. Rather irked that I have to download all the assets (7.52gig) that I already have to play.

GG & Treesh, are you guys on Defiant or Guardian side?
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(02-28-2011, 12:02 AM)Frag Wrote: Well, got a normal copy. Rather irked that I have to download all the assets (7.52gig) that I already have to play.

GG & Treesh, are you guys on Defiant or Guardian side?

Defiant.
Intolerant monkey.
Leveling Fragalicious, Bahmi Warrior first. Also have Fragaress, Fragit & Noctus in stable. Hope to see some of you around Smile
(03-01-2011, 01:27 AM)Frag Wrote: Leveling Fragalicious, Bahmi Warrior first. Also have Fragaress, Fragit & Noctus in stable. Hope to see some of you around Smile

So I messed up my names a bit because I wasn't thinking about them ahead of time, so the name on my mage would fit my rogue a bit better (go go bard) but well the mage was the last toon made and I just wanted a name, and that one popped into my head. Smile

So I have
Eleria - Kelari Cleric, likely my primary toon.
Delphinia - Eth Rogue
Marn - Bahmi Warrior
MaraRunesong - Eth Mage

I've got all my crafting covered on those 4, mostly I'm just getting them all big enough to do the soul gathering quests so I can have full choice of specs. The warrior and mage aren't big enough yet, but I have all the souls (expect the PvP one, only been in one warfront) on the cleric and rogue now. Warrior will be the next since I'm just going in order of creation. Smile
---
(03-01-2011, 01:27 AM)Frag Wrote: Leveling Fragalicious, Bahmi Warrior first. Also have Fragaress, Fragit & Noctus in stable. Hope to see some of you around Smile

I have Taiza (Eth cleric), Shaori (Eth mage), Kinmi (Kelari rogue), and Aleri (Eth warrior). Everyone but the mage has all their PvE souls. Kinmi has her PvP one. I do find it funny that the toon I end up PvPing on in Rift has the same name as the one in WoW. I didn't intend it that way, but that's what has happened. =D Love the bard in the warfronts, except for the fact that after a couple of matches in a row the other team targets me more often than anyone else. Bastards. Taking out the buff bot and healer first. Crazy talk. Just because I do the same to them is no reason for them to do it to me. Wink

Edit: And yes, this is on silkweb.
Intolerant monkey.
Well it's only 3 of us so far so I'm leaving it in this thread, but I never hit an instance in beta, and I've got all my toons "set-up" at this point. They are all at least L14 and have all their PvE souls so I've got my flexibility to change things. I've only grabbed 2 specs on the cleric so far (a tanking spec and a healing spec). So I'm ready to see what the instances are like. I'd prefer to go with folks I know so I can be slow and poke around and explore the place a little, which is why I haven't just jumped into a group for one yet. The Cleric is 18 (or 19) and I understand Iron Tomb is like L15-20 (though again I've not done a ton of research, I always figured I'd play the game slow and pokey and just get what I could out of the likely only 6 months I'll be playing).

So is there a time that works for you guys. I think Frag has the warrior up around L15 or so last time I looked. Tonight would be good for me, or Saturday mid morning (10 ish +/- 30 minutes) though if even earlier works I can swim after the instance instead of before. Friday is likely to be bad, not sure about Sunday. I'm trying to work it so Treesh is available as I know she works overnights so 10am is usually "late" for her, but 7pm might be too early.

Just thought I would throw it out there. If they are possible to under man I wouldn't mind trying it with just 3, but forming the core and grabbing a couple of PuGs even if it means we might have to move quicker than I'd like on the first go through is fine. Let me know if you think that might work for you guys (or anyone else who might be playing that hasn't spoken up).
---
(03-03-2011, 03:39 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: Well it's only 3 of us so far so I'm leaving it in this thread, but I never hit an instance in beta, and I've got all my toons "set-up" at this point. They are all at least L14 and have all their PvE souls so I've got my flexibility to change things. I've only grabbed 2 specs on the cleric so far (a tanking spec and a healing spec). So I'm ready to see what the instances are like. I'd prefer to go with folks I know so I can be slow and poke around and explore the place a little, which is why I haven't just jumped into a group for one yet. The Cleric is 18 (or 19) and I understand Iron Tomb is like L15-20 (though again I've not done a ton of research, I always figured I'd play the game slow and pokey and just get what I could out of the likely only 6 months I'll be playing).

So is there a time that works for you guys. I think Frag has the warrior up around L15 or so last time I looked. Tonight would be good for me, or Saturday mid morning (10 ish +/- 30 minutes) though if even earlier works I can swim after the instance instead of before. Friday is likely to be bad, not sure about Sunday. I'm trying to work it so Treesh is available as I know she works overnights so 10am is usually "late" for her, but 7pm might be too early.

Just thought I would throw it out there. If they are possible to under man I wouldn't mind trying it with just 3, but forming the core and grabbing a couple of PuGs even if it means we might have to move quicker than I'd like on the first go through is fine. Let me know if you think that might work for you guys (or anyone else who might be playing that hasn't spoken up).

I work tonight, but Saturday is fine. My bard is 19, the healy cleric is 17 (might have dinged 18 here, but I don't think so. I think she's just close). The other two are 14 or 15. I've heard 15 is a little low for the instance, but when has that ever stopped me. =P The mage is able to squirrel critters though for a bit of crowd control if we want.
Intolerant monkey.
Glad to see there are fellow rifters here. The people I played with in Beta rolled on Dimroot so that is where I am.

Here is a breakdown of the 5-man instances currently available in Rift:

Standard Difficulty Dungeons
- Realm of the Fae (16-17) - Silverwood
- Iron Tomb (18-19) - Freemarch
- Darkening Deeps (22-23) - Gloamwood
- Deepstrike Mines (25-26) - Stonefield
- The Foul Cascade (29-30) - Scarlet Gorge
- King's Breach (34-35) - Scarwood Reach
- Runic Descent (39-40) - Moonshade Highlands
- Fall of Lantern Hook (43-44) - Droughtlands
- Abyssal Precipice (49-50) - Iron Pine
- Charmer's Caldera (49-50) - Shimmersand

Expert Difficulty Dungeons
- Realm of the Fae (50+) - Silverwood
- Iron Tomb (50+) - Freemarch
- The Foul Cascade (50+) - Scarlet Gorge
- King's Breach (50+) - Scarwood Reach
- Fall of Lantern Hook (50+) - Droughtlands
- Darkening Deeps (50++) - Gloamwood
- Deepstrike Mines (50++) - Stonefield
- Runic Descent (50++) - Moonshade Highlands
- Abyssal Precipice (50++) - Iron Pine
- Charmer's Caldera (50++) - Shimmersand

For a first time run I recommend doing them with friends, grabbing a few pugs later, if needed. That way you will experience them without "spoilers" from those who did them before or referenced an online guide. The one thing you cannot replace is the thrill of discovery and completing a challenge with your wits and some innovation.
(03-04-2011, 02:56 PM)Xiuhcoatl Wrote: For a first time run I recommend doing them with friends, grabbing a few pugs later, if needed. That way you will experience them without "spoilers" from those who did them before or referenced an online guide. The one thing you cannot replace is the thrill of discovery and completing a challenge with your wits and some innovation.

This just demanded a QFT! (bolding mine) Players get in such a rush to get the phat lewtz, they often miss the most precious part of the gaming experience, too soon lost to the "been there, done that" monster. A monkey can be taught to "stand here, do that, don't stand in fire" but figuring it out with friends is gold. [/soapbox]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
So, I'm having to download the game a third time because their queuing system for accepting upgrades from pre-order to live account was borked... Just had to convince my ISP that my +/- 30 gigs worth of transfer from Trion wasn't anything illegal. Having a good time ingame, but the out-of-game experience is leaving a lot to be desired.
(03-04-2011, 08:09 PM)Frag Wrote: So, I'm having to download the game a third time because their queuing system for accepting upgrades from pre-order to live account was borked... Just had to convince my ISP that my +/- 30 gigs worth of transfer from Trion wasn't anything illegal. Having a good time ingame, but the out-of-game experience is leaving a lot to be desired.

Well I haven't tried to play today (I did last night) and didn't have any issues, I don't anticipate any but my set-up with the pre-order that I got shouldn't have anything to switch over.

Having to download it all new after the beta was a bit annoying, but I do understand that they wanted everyone to start from the same fresh starting point. It wasn't unexpected either since several of the beta events required a complete re-download. Though yeah, they have had some issues with the billing and account activation stuff. Of course I remember some of the month long nightmares that WoW had with that at release too and the complete fiasco that Horizons had with some of that earlier.

It's an improvement but it's still not good. I agree. They are still pretty quick on updates on the forums about what is going on at least.
---
I really haven't had any issues with out of game stuff. The problem with in game is that I'm wanting to do too much RIGHT NOW! =) But now that my characters are finally set up for the most part, that's under control now. At least I only have to set up 4 characters and not 10+ like I did in WoW.
Intolerant monkey.
So, Silkwebbers, do we want to head for 23 for Darkening Deeps or 26 for Deepstrike Mine? Just want to get an idea of how much to advance Licious before alting.

Flipping awesome run last night, loved it Big Grin
If there are any non Silkweb Lurkers that would be so kind as to make a defiant on Silkweb to hlep us set-up our little guild, that would be awesome. Smile
---
(03-05-2011, 08:58 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: If there are any non Silkweb Lurkers that would be so kind as to make a defiant on Silkweb to hlep us set-up our little guild, that would be awesome. Smile

NM, I found a couple of helpful folks to sign for me. So <Heal Snipers> is alive. Smile
---
(03-05-2011, 07:24 PM)Frag Wrote: So, Silkwebbers, do we want to head for 23 for Darkening Deeps or 26 for Deepstrike Mine? Just want to get an idea of how much to advance Licious before alting.

Flipping awesome run last night, loved it Big Grin
I do not know.

The mage did IT this morning so she's 19 now. The cleric is still 19, iirc. Or maybe she dinged 20 while getting her PvP soul? Which she now has. Wink So all four girls finally have mounts, all four have their PvE souls, but only two have their PvP souls. It's going to take a hell of a long time to get the mage her PvP soul I think so I'll have to work on that in spurts. Other than the warrior and mage PvP soul, the girls are basically set up and it just depends on how I want to play that decides who gets the next concentrated block of play time. =)

Aren't you glad you asked and I bet that just cleared everything right up for you. Wink
Intolerant monkey.