Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions?
I just finished Normal with my Doctor. Personally my preference was spiders, depending on which runes I had available at the time.

I used leaping spiders for most of the time until I got spider queen. Once i got spider queen I actually put her on 2 and bound frogs to my left-click. Since the queen lasts a while you don't need to keep spamming buttons unless things move out of her range (she's kind of slow). Frogs do good damage (I was using Explosive toads) but they're unpredictable on which path they're going to take so it's only good if you're getting in close. Once I hit 21 I swapped to Firebomb and used that almost exclusively on my left-click. I was running with 2 other people a majority of the time so our massive AoE killed things quickly and that worked well to make it go even faster.

By the time ACT 3 rolled around I was running with a build something like this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...!Zd!aZZaaa I'd lead off with a Grasp, Cloud and then hit Firebombs once or twice and everything was dead unless it was an elite. If things got in too close I'd hit Confusion.

It's not an optimal build but it's what I was using. Zombie dogs start to become a bit useless towards Act 3 and 4 because they die too quickly. I'd probably swap that out for Soul Harvest or Spirit Walk. I didn't really mix things up too much, but I've heard good things about Locust Swarm with Pestilence rune and Plague Bats.

In the end it will come down to your play style and what sort of group you're running with. It actually adds a nice amount of variety and replay potential, which I like. I played Act 4 solo and ran with a very different kit at the end of it.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)

Messages In This Thread
Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by DeeBye - 05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Arethor - 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Zedd - 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM