I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys
(05-26-2012, 07:51 AM)eppie Wrote: http://www.vetroplastica.it/annuncio-ven...-3277.html

this is the oris. It used to have a blue shark-leather wrist strap which looked great but when it broke I went for an original metal bracelet, which first they said wasn't for sale anymore, but finally I got one.

That is an awesome piece, love that numbered chapter ring on the inside.

Quote:It by the way is a much smaller watch then what currently is in fashion, but it fits my wrist pretty good.

Some of my dive watch is in the 42-44mm range, but I like bold styling as long as it's clean. Having said that, I know what you mean by the current fashion trend. There's a fine line between big and bold and just plain crass IMO. Browsing my local jewelry\watch shops, I've seen some 50mm+ sized watches. And they look clownish to me.

Funny how by current standard, my '70s vintage men's seiko sporty dress watch is considered a mid-size watch.

Quote:I couldn't find images for the zeniths. But they were from a time when the brand wasn't as exclusive as it is now (with cheapest models starting at around 3000 dollars I think). One is mechanical self winding, and the other is manual winding. I sometimes wear them when I wear a suit, because they are a bit more adapted for that.

You raise an interesting observation here. Is it the location, generation, a combination of both and other factors maybe. But do people even notice what type of watch you're wearing in your part of the world?

Here in N. America, from what I've seen at least not many people do.
I do because I happen to like watches. But in general most people nowadays seem to check the time with their cellphones. (The pocket watch returns in the form of a cellphone I guess.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys - by Hammerskjold - 05-26-2012, 04:54 PM