I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys
http://www.gamefront.com/comment-of-the-.../#comments

I feel proud.
(05-12-2012, 02:09 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: http://www.gamefront.com/comment-of-the-.../#comments

I feel proud.

You know what it's like when people at work show you pictures of their kids? Well, it's very much like this. Don't get me wrong; I show off pictures of my kids at work. That's why I keep photos of goats against laser backgrounds in my wallet.

-Lemming
(05-12-2012, 02:09 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: http://www.gamefront.com/comment-of-the-.../#comments

I feel proud.

And well you should! Your generic, content-less flame is an inspiration to us all.

-Jester
Quote:Fortunately, the good people of the Game Front reader community came to his defense, including this masterful comment by clamsarehot, that manages to attack trolls, and to troll, at the same time:

Note how fanboys don’t attack the content, they attack the person, because they don’t have an argument. Kind of like liberals.

That was it? That's your big moment in the sun?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Ah, the Lurker Lounge.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
"That's your big moment in the sun?"

No, it was my honorable mention, as I specified in the OP. It amused me that although I don't really follow D3, I am lionized as soon as I comment on it. If you don't see the humor in that, and instead feel the need to condescend, perhaps you should reevaluate your priorities in life. I don't make fun of you for posting at the Lurker Lounge, now do I? It's because I don't feel the need. If you don't like what I post, I suggest you don't bump the thread. But how would you boost your fragile ego then, I wonder? Grow up.
Given that you are now trolling in a thread which you created explicitly for the purpose of bragging about your trolling elsewhere, may I suggest that you stay under those bridges, instead of ours?

-Jester

I feel proud.

And you took up our time with this troll-excrement why?
--Mav
(05-13-2012, 11:53 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: No, it was my honorable mention, as I specified in the OP. It amused me that although I don't really follow D3, I am lionized as soon as I comment on it. If you don't see the humor in that, and instead feel the need to condescend, perhaps you should reevaluate your priorities in life. I don't make fun of you for posting at the Lurker Lounge, now do I? It's because I don't feel the need. If you don't like what I post, I suggest you don't bump the thread. But how would you boost your fragile ego then, I wonder? Grow up.

This thread is now refurbished. It is now about awkward moments on the internet. Thank you for your contribution. Here's mine.

I'd developed a habit of reading a particular blog, which was peppered with weak attempts at humor. Weak writing wasn't a big deal since the topics were semi-interesting, so I decided to spice it up. Soon one of my comments was featured (much like yours, only funny), and I continued posting in my usual way until one day I delved into satire. Poe's Law struck, and the entire blog erupted in flames. Eventually I received a lecture that satire should always be labeled as such, and I wiped my ass of those Aspies.

-Lemming
(05-13-2012, 11:26 PM)Bolty Wrote: Ah, the Lurker Lounge.

My thoughts exactly, word for word. Smile
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-13-2012, 11:26 PM)Bolty Wrote: Ah, the Lurker Lounge.

My main thought from this whole thread is to wonder if the the is part of the name or not and therefore should be capitalized. It isn't in the url, but it is in the graphic. I'd probably go with The Lurker Lounge over the Lurker Lounge, but then it was Bolty himself who typed it that way so clearly I must be wrong! (That happens a lot.)
(05-14-2012, 03:23 AM)swirly Wrote: I'd probably go with The Lurker Lounge over the Lurker Lounge, but then it was Bolty himself who typed it that way so clearly I must be wrong! (That happens a lot.)

You needed a comma after "typed it that way." I think.

Be right back, registering www.thelurkerlounge.com.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-14-2012, 03:37 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 03:23 AM)swirly Wrote: I'd probably go with The Lurker Lounge over the Lurker Lounge, but then it was Bolty himself who typed it that way so clearly I must be wrong! (That happens a lot.)

I'm leaning towards a semicolon.
(05-13-2012, 11:53 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: If you don't like what I post, I suggest you don't bump the thread. But how would you boost your fragile ego then, I wonder? Grow up.

You almost won the "internet argument bingo" jackpot. A Hitler or Nazi reference would've nailed it for you. Congratulations nonetheless.

(05-14-2012, 12:08 AM)Jester Wrote: Given that you are now trolling in a thread which you created explicitly for the purpose of bragging about your trolling elsewhere, may I suggest that you stay under those bridges, instead of ours?

Naw man, this is like Inception - we need to go deeper!

(05-14-2012, 03:37 AM)Bolty Wrote: Be right back, registering www.thelurkerlounge.com.

You're a damn filthy liar!

I might buy that domain and have it re-direct to this.

(05-14-2012, 01:35 AM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: This thread is now refurbished. It is now about awkward moments on the internet.

I once replied to a Pete post with incorrect information.
(05-14-2012, 04:10 AM)swirly Wrote:

Actually no punctuation is required.

Also, yes, it is *The* Lurker Lounge with a capital T. Nobody says "Lurker Lounge", it's always THE Lurker Lounge.

"Naw man, this is like Inception - we need to go deeper!"

I like going deep.
(05-14-2012, 05:18 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote:

Also, yes, it is *The* Lurker Lounge with a capital T. Nobody says "Lurker Lounge", it's always THE Lurker Lounge.

I like going deep.

Somebody needs to have more fun with this guy.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-14-2012, 09:27 AM)Roland Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 05:18 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote:

I like going deep.

Somebody needs to have more fun with this guy.

That would probably only lead to another thread here on the Lounge:

"This is the response I got to a thread I started where I said something."

/yawn

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-14-2012, 05:18 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: I like going deep.
Obviously.
"You think you've been getting away with it all this time, standing by. Well, son... your bystanding days are over! You're in it now, up to your neck! They told me that you're a genius with explosives. Start proving it! [gesturing with his pistol] You got me in the mood to use this thing, and by God, if you don't think of something, I'll use it on you! I mean it." -- Captain Keith Mallory, THE Guns of Navarone -- not Guns of Navarone.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-14-2012, 04:18 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I once replied to a Pete post with incorrect information.

Wait. Did the Pete post contain incorrect information, or did your post? And I'm not sure which situation is more awkward.

ClamsAreHot Wrote:Also, yes, it is *The* Lurker Lounge with a capital T. Nobody says "Lurker Lounge", it's always THE Lurker Lounge.

This is like that one time a professor of mine got stuck on whether to use the article "a" or "an" when describing variable "r". He stopped a student presenting and had a 15 minute aside asking, "Is this 'a r' or 'an r'? Does anybody know?"

"Hold on, I have a dictionary on my kindle," said one.

"I have a smartphone," said another.

"No no, I think we can figure this out," said yet another. "Does 'r' make a consonant sound or a vowel sound?"

My dilemma right now is whether to add this to his wikipedia page or start a wikiquotes for him.

-Lemming
(05-14-2012, 03:24 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 04:18 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I once replied to a Pete post with incorrect information.

Wait. Did the Pete post contain incorrect information, or did your post? And I'm not sure which situation is more awkward.

The latter. The former never happened.