I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys
This just seemed appropriate.

(That and it's absolutely hilarious.)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-14-2012, 06:08 PM)Roland Wrote: This just seemed appropriate.

(That and it's absolutely hilarious.)
Perfect. Did you notice the desktop? Diablo_I_bootleg ?!?!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-14-2012, 06:49 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Perfect. Did you notice the desktop? Diablo_I_bootleg ?!?!

I know, right? Also Diablo_3_Crack. Smile But hey, at least he (theoretically) bought WoW and SCII. Wink
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-14-2012, 03:24 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: This is like that one time a professor of mine got stuck on whether to use the article "a" or "an" when describing variable "r". He stopped a student presenting and had a 15 minute aside asking, "Is this 'a r' or 'an r'? Does anybody know?"
I'm guessing this professor was not one of linguistics, or one of the modern languages (including English). Some consonants such as "Ar", or "Em", we would describe by their phonetic value. Give me an R! Give me an M! But, it would be "Give me a T" for other consonants.

However, I don't want to derail this thread into a discourse of labiodental approximants versus dental ejectives...

P.S. I only know this stuff because of my work with AI, and voice recognition. One of my first tough algorithms when I was pre-college was one that accurately calculated the number of syllables in a word. It turns out that is not a real easy thing to calculate.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(05-14-2012, 09:27 AM)Roland Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 05:18 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 04:10 AM)swirly Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 03:37 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 03:23 AM)swirly Wrote: I'd probably go with The Lurker Lounge over the Lurker Lounge, but then it was Bolty himself who typed it that way so clearly I must be wrong! (That happens a lot.)

You needed a comma after "typed it that way." I think.

I'm leaning towards a semicolon.

Actually no punctuation is required.

Also, yes, it is *The* Lurker Lounge with a capital T. Nobody says "Lurker Lounge", it's always THE Lurker Lounge.

"Naw man, this is like Inception - we need to go deeper!"

I like going deep.

Somebody needs to have more fun with this guy.

I miss Pete. Sad
--Mav
(05-14-2012, 07:52 PM)Mavfin Wrote: I miss Pete. Sad
Friendly raiding guild LF gamer curmudgeon. Must excel at retro games, and not suffer fools gladly.

I didn't want to say it. I'm glad someone else did it for me.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-14-2012, 07:47 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I'm guessing this professor was not one of linguistics, or one of the modern languages (including English). Some consonants such as "Ar", or "Em", we would describe by their phonetic value. Give me an R! Give me an M! But, it would be "Give me a T" for other consonants.

Man, it's just like being in that classroom again.

Roland Wrote:I didn't want to say it. I'm glad someone else did it for me.

I don't think Pete would want people mourning him all the time. He never struck me as that narcissistic, and he's definitely more practical. And even with his mythological position of forum demi-god of inerrancy, he's left behind at least one error - and that's his forum bio. When he wrote it, he knew it'd become wrong eventually. Well, maybe "knew" is too strong. He was at least agnostic that it'd become wrong eventually. And he was okay with that.

If Pete was still here, I'd like to tell him I got ordained so I can perform illegal gay marriages in Alabama. I think he'd enjoy that.

-Lemming
(05-14-2012, 07:52 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 09:27 AM)Roland Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 05:18 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 04:10 AM)swirly Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 03:37 AM)Bolty Wrote: You needed a comma after "typed it that way." I think.

I'm leaning towards a semicolon.

Actually no punctuation is required.

Also, yes, it is *The* Lurker Lounge with a capital T. Nobody says "Lurker Lounge", it's always THE Lurker Lounge.

"Naw man, this is like Inception - we need to go deeper!"

I like going deep.

Somebody needs to have more fun with this guy.

I miss Pete. Sad

Beat me to it... Sad
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
You know what this thread needs? More Blizzard fanboy bashing.
Some people are complaining about my posting a frivolous thread, yet continue to post their own frivolous comments in said frivolous thread. I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose. I know there are still a few good people here, but it seems the asshats have the loudest mouths. It's good I took a few years off from games like this, I think. Many of the folks here seem to be in a state of perpetual childhood. My comment mentioned in the Gamefront article wasn't even a troll, it was a comment on the logical fallacies of Blizzard fanboys. The actions of many of the posters here, however, can only be described as trolling. Grow up fellas. Act like men, not little children. I suggest http://jack-donovan.com/ for tips on masculinity.

Bolty, you should probably lock this thread. It's become a circlejerk for manginas. Anyway, I'm done with it.
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Some people are complaining about my posting a frivolous thread, yet continue to post their own frivolous comments in said frivolous thread. I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose. I know there are still a few good people here, but it seems the asshats have the loudest mouths. It's good I took a few years off from games like this, I think. Many of the folks here seem to be in a state of perpetual childhood. My comment mentioned in the Gamefront article wasn't even a troll, it was a comment on the logical fallacies of Blizzard fanboys. The actions of many of the posters here, however, can only be described as trolling. Grow up fellas. Act like men, not little children. I suggest http://jack-donovan.com/ for tips on masculinity.

Bolty, you should probably lock this thread. It's become a circlejerk for manginas. Anyway, I'm done with it.

I find this at the same time hilarious and hard to masturbate to.
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose. I know there are still a few good people here, but it seems the asshats have the loudest mouths.

I've tried to abstain from this thread, but you really need to look in a mirror.

And GameFront's initial article was just trying to ensure it's own relevance. Either they post a bad D3 review and say "see, we told you so!" or post a good D3 review and say "hey, we must be telling the truth!"
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Some people are complaining about my posting a frivolous thread, yet continue to post their own frivolous comments in said frivolous thread. I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose. I know there are still a few good people here, but it seems the asshats have the loudest mouths. It's good I took a few years off from games like this, I think. Many of the folks here seem to be in a state of perpetual childhood. My comment mentioned in the Gamefront article wasn't even a troll, it was a comment on the logical fallacies of Blizzard fanboys. The actions of many of the posters here, however, can only be described as trolling. Grow up fellas. Act like men, not little children. I suggest http://jack-donovan.com/ for tips on masculinity.

[Image: youmustbenewhere.jpg]

Actually they've gone pretty light on you thus far. If you had posted this kind of crap back during LoD Beta days you would have been treated a lot worse.
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: It's good I took a few years off from games like this, I think.

Vacations are lovely, I agree. Perhaps, if you enjoyed it so much, you might consider extending yours?

-Jester
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Some people are complaining about my posting a frivolous thread, yet continue to post their own frivolous comments in said frivolous thread. I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls.
Whereas, THIS was not a circle jerk of cliquey little girls with some passive-aggressive ass hat jumping in to troll them? So, here again, you've come to a Diablo fan site, and lobbed a bomb onto the forum. What did you hope to accomplish? Drama? Adoration? It's hard to stay on topic here since the original intent for this thread is to be about you and your trolling the Blizzard fan-boys on a different forum. Nice try though with the closeted homophobic mass attack.

(05-14-2012, 07:58 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
Friendly raiding guild LF gamer curmudgeon. Must excel at retro games, and not suffer fools gladly.

Give Bolty time, it may take a couple more years, but he's getting there.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-15-2012, 01:06 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Some people are complaining about my posting a frivolous thread, yet continue to post their own frivolous comments in said frivolous thread. I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls.

Nice try though with the closeted homophobic mass attack.

Nice catch, but for street cred you'll wanna call it "internalized homophobia." It explains why his handle is such a blatant in-your-endo. If he had sockpuppet accounts, I hope they'd be named things like "HotDog'TwixtRoastBeef" and "MeatWindowTreatments."

And I resent him calling me passive-aggressive. I've been blatantly-gently mocking. I do believe I know the difference.

-Lemming
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Bolty, you should probably lock this thread. It's become a circlejerk for manginas. Anyway, I'm done with it.

"Right now, I like the metaphor that the LL is an ecology of ideas - in some ways, a harsh, Darwinian one. That's what makes it so valuable - the strongest/best ideas survive. I don't know if that's what Bolty originally intended, but it's an interesting result."

--CelticHound, 2003

So far, you posted something and a number of users here told you they didn't like the content of your post - in other words, they're attacking the content, not the person. You're the only one blatantly attacking other posters here, and digging your own grave while you're at it. Don't ask me to come save you. The great thing about the Lurker Lounge is that the inmates run the asylum. I just come in from time to time to break up a fight and/or organize the layout as a fellow inmate. There was a time ages ago when I felt I had a larger role here, and I learned that I was wrong - and took the lesson to heart.

The flip side to this is that if your next post/thread is a highly informative, quality one, it will be addressed as such, and will be treated with respect in accordance with its quality. You won't get instantly shouted down because people "recognize" you from this thread. Such is the way of the Lounge. I've seen plenty of newer users make poor early impressions, then turn into fantastic members over time.

You can walk away from this thread with two impressions:
1) Posting a thread that basically amounts to "guys, check this out, I'm slightly e-famous for trolling another site" is not something people here really care about. I should try harder to come up with something more interesting to share.
2) The Lurker Lounge is made up of a bunch of elitist pricks who just sit around patting each other on the back and thinking they're so awesome. A-holes. I'm out of here.

Most people in your situation will choose impression 2 and act accordingly, as you have so far. A few will choose impression 1 and make another go at it. Such is life on the Internet, and especially at the Lounge.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-15-2012, 03:51 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: It explains why his handle is such a blatant in-your-endo. If he had sockpuppet accounts, I hope they'd be named things like "HotDog'TwixtRoastBeef" and "MeatWindowTreatments."
Well, yes, I was purposefully ignoring the obvious. Is it an overt declaration of masculinity (then why?), or is the man a chef and into bouillabaisse (then that is cool)? But I fear you are correct, it's a great handle for impressing the script kiddies, cruising net pron, and playing on-line poker surfing for cyber. "RagingHetero" and "BabeMagnet" were probably taken. Often your anonymous alias reveals inner demons, much like the internet equivalent of the monster truck. Speaking of demons... I will say that it is good he has outgrown "PoopyPants".

There is a level of low brow persons enabled by the anonymity of the internet that think the animated gif of Katy Perry spraying milk from her breasts would make a great avatar. Part and parcel of the freedom to be yourself, and enough rope to go get yourself banned when you finally find the limits of admin tolerance. And, then the narcissism of being deluded into thinking "I'm not the jerk, so it must be everyone else who is a jerk."