I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys
(05-15-2012, 04:20 PM)Bolty Wrote: "Right now, I like the metaphor that the LL is an ecology of ideas - in some ways, a harsh, Darwinian one. That's what makes it so valuable - the strongest/best ideas survive. I don't know if that's what Bolty originally intended, but it's an interesting result."

--CelticHound, 2003

That is the most awesome quote. Bravo to CelticHound.
(05-15-2012, 05:13 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Often your anonymous alias reveals inner demons, much like the internet equivalent of the monster truck. Speaking of demons... I will say that it is good he has outgrown "PoopyPants".

I seem to remember a D1 gamer who actually went by PoopyPants. I think he was a Sorcerers Tower regular.

-Lemming
I just have to post a heart-felt thanks to all who responded in this thread. My life has been rather busy of late and I have had neither the energy nor the time to visit this wonderful place. The comments in this thread put a smile on my face and offered some sweet nostalgia.

Thank you all very much!
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose.

You don't?

Times change, yes. I think "the Lounge group" is more approachable and less clique-ey than ever.

I remember quite a few threads in the Network54 days talking about Lounge regulars being elitist pricks and such.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(05-17-2012, 07:21 PM)Concillian Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 10:58 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: I don't recall the LL being so full of such passive-aggressive, cliquey little girls. Times change, I suppose.

You don't?

Times change, yes. I think "the Lounge group" is more approachable and less clique-ey than ever.

I remember quite a few threads in the Network54 days talking about Lounge regulars being elitist pricks and such.

That isn't just the N54 days... *looks over at Bolty* Tongue
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-17-2012, 07:21 PM)Concillian Wrote:

You don't?

Yeah, I probably just didn't notice it as much back then. Seems like most of the regulars are just liberal neckbeards whose entire self-worth lies in videogames and online forums, and whose tastes haven't matured in the last decade. I used to read the Something Awful forums, too, also a bed of stinkin' self-righteous liberals. No wonder there's so much hostility here, as liberals are fueled by hatred of anyone normal.
(05-20-2012, 08:59 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Yeah, I probably just didn't notice it as much back then. Seems like most of the regulars are just liberal neckbeards whose entire self-worth lies in videogames and online forums, and whose tastes haven't matured in the last decade. I used to read the Something Awful forums, too, also a bed of stinkin' self-righteous liberals. No wonder there's so much hostility here, as liberals are fueled by hatred of anyone normal.

This particular liberal is definitely fueled by hatred at the moment. And for good reason. It's been awhile since I've seen someone on these boards that has brought absolutely zero constructive commentary. The normal trolls at least have something of value mixed in with their trash.
(05-20-2012, 08:59 PM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: Yeah, I probably just didn't notice it as much back then. Seems like most of the regulars are just liberal neckbeards whose entire self-worth lies in videogames and online forums, and whose tastes haven't matured in the last decade. I used to read the Something Awful forums, too, also a bed of stinkin' self-righteous liberals. No wonder there's so much hostility here, as liberals are fueled by hatred of anyone normal.

This is really no different from how you started the thread. Is this all you've got? The same "flame" over and over again? Even trolls know to change their material. I'm really disappointed, ClamsAreBot.

-Lemming
(05-20-2012, 09:52 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote:

This is really no different from how you started the thread. Is this all you've got? The same "flame" over and over again? Even trolls know to change their material. I'm really disappointed, ClamsAreBot.

-Lemming

Yeah, copy/paste trolls are so boring. He says he hasn't played, so he's just co-opting general forum anti-D3 stuff and repeating it. Hating is fine, but make it yours, instead of just copying someone else's tripe.

He's just another Blizzard-bashing-is-cool kiddie, trying to get us to validate him and help out with his insecurities, and we're not playing.

Hate all you want, but, ffs, at least do your own research, and put some effort into it, or it's invalid.
--Mav
My God, I just tried to D3 starter edition, what a terrible, terrible game. Only a child could enjoy this game. If it were released in 1990 I might have enjoyed it more. Graphics, voiceover, controls, skills, all utter crap. No surprise there. Back to Path of Exile.

edit: There's so many things wrong with this game, I forgot to mention how short the acts are. The game is repetitive and boring.
(05-21-2012, 06:31 AM)ClamsAreHot Wrote: edit: There's so many things wrong with this game, I forgot to mention how short the acts are.

In case people weren't smart enough to ignore you yet and are unaware: the starter edition is limited to the Skeleton King, i.e. only part of Act 1. Which is smaller than Acts 2 and 3.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
And it has come to pass on this twenty-first day of the fifth month, that our righteous protector has driven off the vile troll, by strength of arms and the justice of his banhammer. Peace prevailed once again in the land.

-Jester
(05-21-2012, 01:28 PM)Jester Wrote: And it has come to pass on this twenty-first day of the fifth month, that our righteous protector has driven off the vile troll, by strength of arms and the justice of his banhammer. Peace prevailed once again in the land.

-Jester

And there was much rejoicing. Yay!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-21-2012, 02:34 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: And there was much rejoicing. Yay!

Were we just forced to eat Robin's minstrel?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
You know, we really should have predicted this turn of events.

His first thread was boasting about getting an honourable mention for bashing Blizzard fanboys. He was never going to play nice.

Anyway, let's put this whole sordid business behind us; much like you would roadkill. A brief burst of emotion as you hear the thump and crunch before quickly forgetting about the whole thing and returning to thinking about what you're going to have for lunch.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(05-21-2012, 09:58 PM)NiteFox Wrote: You know, we really should have predicted this turn of events.

His first thread was boasting about getting an honourable mention for bashing Blizzard fanboys. He was never going to play nice.

Anyway, let's put this whole sordid business behind us; much like you would roadkill. A brief burst of emotion as you hear the thump and crunch before quickly forgetting about the whole thing and returning to thinking about what you're going to have for lunch.
Not to meander off topic... but... When I was a mere teen, I lived out on a small farm where we raised beef cows. Anyway, I had a science teacher who was very skilled at taxidermy, and he taught it as an elective. I became pretty proficient. Road kill was a prime source for subjects. Smelly, but not too bad once frozen...

<thump> <crunch>

What were we talking about?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

This thread was a very cool tale, my brethren
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
To wander just a wee bit further:
(05-22-2012, 02:14 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Anyway, I had a science teacher who was very skilled at taxidermy, and he taught it as an elective. I became pretty proficient.

I took a taxidermy course too. I failed to become proficient. This explains both the large-mouthed trout and the headless duck on the wall at the cottage.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

(05-21-2012, 09:58 PM)NiteFox Wrote: You know, we really should have predicted this turn of events.

There is something off-putting which occurs when "roadkill" and "lunch" is used in the same paragraphSmile
I am oft times afraid to poke my head out too far in "The Lounge". I've made a lot of posts on the lounge, but have kept myself primarily on the wow boards for a reason. Coming "up top" as I refer to it, is something I do mostly to read. Posting up here is something that I do rarely, and I'm finding that I try to keep myself out of the more "prickly" topics as time passes.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright