Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge?
Bo Jackson was the real deal. I remember when I was a kid there was some kind of baseball skills competition, and outfielders had to shag fly balls shot out to either gap. They got bonus points for making a spectacular catch. But Bo Jackson did not make any "spectacular catch". He ran down every ball and made them all look easy. Plus just look what he can do in Tecmo Bowl.

The thing that really concerns me with regards to football safety is the way guys tackle. To be honest I think they might be safer if they weren't allowed to wear the helmets. All this size and speed and they are lunging at each other head first. I'd say that someone is bound to get paralyzed or killed, but of course those things have already happened. If every hit was made from a balanced position with head up, there would be a lot less missed tackles and probably a lot less injuries. If I had kids I'm not sure I would want them to play football although I played and love the game.

On the other hand, as things stand today, cheerleaders are at greater risk of injury than the football players, including serious threats like paralysis. Something needs to be done about that too...

Messages In This Thread
Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge? - by shoju - 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
RE: Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge? - by Taem - 12-02-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge? - by Tal - 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge? - by Tal - 12-13-2012, 09:13 PM
RE: Any Sports Fans here on the Lounge? - by Nystul - 12-14-2012, 10:05 PM