The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Sep 12 2003, 04:04 AM Wrote:That is correct. However Ruvanal and I are hopeful this will be fixed for release, without us spelling out in entirety how truly awful this exploit is (for example, in Hardcore with a trick I won't detail at this time).
Interesting. The thing I've seen done is to have one "sacrificial" character and have everyone else stay in town.

I'll be waiting with bated breath for the time you choose to detail this trick of yours.

BTW, is that trick the "Ruvanal sleaze" you keep mentioning so suggestively?

Quote:Edit: another reasonable but indirect way to "fix" the exploit worry and also make the rushing less attractive: require clvl 14+20*(diff-1) for Hellforge (aka 14, 34, 54 for normal, nm, hell) or some such.

Edit: In principle, I'm against any kind of level requirements for advancing through the game. Since the hellforge quest isn't required, I suppose it isn't as awful as it could be, but it still grates on my senses. It really bugs me that Ancients has a level requirement now that they've limited the reward to one level. It puts a hard limit on characters like Sirian's Spedara - "you may pass at this level but no earlier".

-- CH

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by CelticHound - 09-12-2003, 06:42 PM