Do you like the Resident Evil-series?
WarLocke,Sep 21 2003, 07:06 PM Wrote:I used to have this huge text file (a couple of megs, easy) that had plot synopsi (?) of all the Resident Evil games (it was made before RE 0, though), and went into some depth about the persistent plot elements.

I just deleted it in a recent cleaning fit, though.  :(

I was pointed to it by someone here, though, I distinctly remember that.  Mayhap we'll get lucky and have some linkage?  One can hope.

I've always loved the Resident Evil franchise.  It's rare that games have any sort of depth in planning, and even rarer that the threads persist and aren't outright ruined and/or ignored in sequels.
I may have been the one that pointed you to that synopsis. I remember reading it myself, and enjoying it a great deal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it again either.

Something else to note about how good the franchise is: the RE movie is the first game-to-movie adaptation that fit within the existing storyline for the game. It didn't even use any of the characters from the game, yet still felt like it belonged in the Resident Evil world.

Heck, I don't know of a movie that did anything like that for books or comics, either. Most are remakes of what existed in the other medium, sometimes with redefinitions of events and characters.

I saw the teaser trailer for RE2 (dubbed RE: Apocalypse) in the theater. It was very cool, a fake commercial, basically. I also saw the House of the Dead trailer, which looks like all it has in common with HotD is zombies, guns, and cheese. It doesn't even have a house in it, from what I saw in the trailer.

BTW, thanks Angel, for the link, I know I will enjoy this. I do hope they put Wesker in the next movie or game, he is my favorite character in the series.

Messages In This Thread
Do you like the Resident Evil-series? - by Raz - 09-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Do you like the Resident Evil-series? - by doppel - 09-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Do you like the Resident Evil-series? - by LiquidDamage - 09-22-2003, 12:17 PM