The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
So in a grander scale I get the feeling that most LL'ers (woo i'm picking up the lingo already :D) simply want D2 to basically be a fair game where people have to actually put forth effort in order to recieve rewards. Thus the issue of cheating and rushing to more or less effortlessly recieve rewards.

This brings two issues. 1) Rushing ahead in order to gain massive amounts of experience and 2) rushing ahead to gain rewards quite easily (ie quest rewards).

In order stop these they would simply have to make both of these things worthless (or unattainable) at lower levels. Seems easy enough to do with level caps (as has been suggested).

Unfortunatly as far as I know, neither of these have been given hard cut off points (WHY they haven't, I don't really know), for if rushing a character to the middle to the end of the game had no purpose, no one would do it thus we wouldn't have to worry about getting around any anti rush changes they put in. Afterall, stopping the reason's for rushing a character would essentially fix the problem, not simply try and hamper the users journy to the problem.

BUT, if all blizzard's doing is trying to stop the journey to the cheese, I suppose finding the loopholes in thier blockage and bringing it to thier attention is the best to hope for.

So the first inquiry is to what all the rush blockers are. As far as I can remember, you have to kill the council now (which takes a whopping 20 extra seconds for a high level character to do).
Is there a thread or anything outlining all of the anti rush features in the 1.10 patch?
Do what you can about what you can do. Don't worry about what you can't help.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by DarkPhenomenon - 09-30-2003, 05:01 PM