Knights of the Old Republic Appreciation Thread.
There's a difficulty slider?? Sheesh. :o

I took Carth and Juhani along for the Star Forge, 'cuz I gotta have my hubby along, and Juhani just rocks. She does have Stasis Field, but the AI/script prefers to have her just use Power Attack over and over (and over... WTF? She's wasting all her extra attacks from dual-weilding 'sabers like that!). Seera, on the other hand, is making liberal use of Force Wave and Advanced Lightsaber throw under my control. The save DC for my force powers is something like 30 now that I have the Star Forge Robes, so they work surprisingly well even on dark jedi.

I'm gonna take a break and eat something - I'm all frazzled after dealing with hordes of grunts (but hell, was it awesome!). Even running KOTOR at 800x600 with the low-res texture pack and all the options turned down, with 12+ lightsabers swinging around and Carth going through grenades like popcorn (bless you, Grenadier script...) my framerate drops to about 12-15 (but it's a gorgeous 12-15 fps :D ).

EDIT: Just finished the game (WOOT) a little while ago, so I bring you screenshot goodies. B)

Here's me just before I confronted Malak. You'll notice my insanely high Wisdom and Dexterity (+10 to each, from items) and saving throws. My Constitution is 10, but the Light Mastery bonus for Sentinels is +3 Con, so there's an extra 20 Vitality.

[Image: SeeraKast_Stats.JPG]

My lightsaber had the Mantle of the Force in it, as well as the Solari and Upari crystals. It ended up doing 6-30 damage (+2-12 vs. Dark Side enemies), with +8 to my Blaster Bolt Deflection rolls (with another +5 from the Yavin gauntlets - I was killing troopers with their own bolts :ph34r: ) and +33 to my Attack rolls. For force powers I had Heal, Master Speed, Force Immunity, Force Wave, Advanced Lightsaber Throw, and Affect Mind. My feats were Master Dueling, Master Jedi Defense, Master Conditioning, and Improved Toughness. I could look up my adjusted skills, but the only one I remember at the moment is Persuasion, which was a modified +20 by the end of the game.

Oh, and finally: here's a pic of me smacking Malak around. You suck, you jawless freak! :P

Wow. Just wow. This game is definitely up there with Torment and Deus Ex. Maybe not the best RPG ever, but still in exalted company. I think I'd actually rate KotOR abit higher than BG/BG2...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]

Messages In This Thread
Knights of the Old Republic Appreciation Thread. - by WarLocke - 12-20-2003, 02:38 AM