So they announced beta signups for WoW.
>>Well, I live in Austria (that's in Europe, for you Americans ) and I have every intension to pay-per-month for WoW and I still won't get in the Beta now. Imagine how I feel

Well, Blizzard specifically stated quite awhile ago that this would be the case. They've also recently said that Europe will be involved in a Beta later in the year.

The US and Canada are included because Blizzard is based in the US and it's easy for Canada to use the same time zones and servers; Korea was included because the fan base for Blizzard there is simply outrageous. I believe, percentage-wise, they have a considerably higher userbase than even the US. (I'm too lazy to back that up; I recall an article about 2 years ago that explored the Korean Starcraft phenomenon, as well as a press release relating to Korean D2 and the Asia server.)

So ... it sounds like Europe got the short end of the stick, which is sad, but I can see why it happened. Overseas, and not the #1 foreign country for Blizzard fanbase saturation. You'll just have to convince more Europeans to buy Blizzard products, and this won't happen next time ...
:P

Messages In This Thread
So they announced beta signups for WoW. - by Cryptic - 01-27-2004, 07:57 PM