So they announced beta signups for WoW.
I know someone who will be signing up. ;)
Signatures suck
Full text of the announcement:

Quote:At 6:00 pm PST on Wednesday, January 28th, the signup period for the World of Warcraft Beta Test will officially begin. We will provide a link to the beta-test application right here in the news section at that time. Testers are not going to be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis, so you will be able to submit an application and receive equal consideration anytime during the signup period, which will end on Wednesday, February 4th at 6:00 pm PST. Please note that multiple submissions from the same household will result in complete disqualification.

For this initial phase of the World of Warcraft beta test, we will only be able to accept applications from Canada, Korea, and the US. The test for Europe and other countries around the world will happen later this year. Please do not contact us for further information regarding the beta test; we will be posting a FAQ in the days ahead.

I'll likely signup too.
Howdy,

Sign me up as well.

Scotty
'Me not that kind of Orc' - lazy peon
I guess I'll apply as well.

I should be a good barometer of how well the game depicts the WC "universe," since I've never played any of the RTSes. :D

I'm kind of stoked about playing an undead character, too. Deadites are just cool. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I'll be signing up. I've always wanted to actually be able to help beta test an MMORPG without having to pay for it as well (AC2 and SWG :P).
Waah... Damn rasict Blizzard ignores Europe on their beta-tests again! And what's this, Koreans do get a change to sign-up?!? :blink: Man, and I was playing D1 before any Korean even knew about Battle.Net! And think I have also bought every Blizzard title except Frozen Throne and that their first strange shoot-em-up game, Darkthrone or what was it, so far... They own me this one :P :P :P

Well, think that I won't have any intensions to pay-per-month for WoW anyway, so I don't exactly know what I'm complaining here... Would have just liked to try the game for free I guess :D
Quote:And think I have also bought every Blizzard title except Frozen Throne

... But do you own The Lost Vikings?

TLV = instant classic. B)

There was another SNES-era Blizzard game (besides TLV 2)... But I've forgotten what it was. :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
rock and roll racing baaabeeey!!!
Signatures suck
oh hey there is another beta signup for the game lineage 2. which is the sequil for the largest suscribed to mmorpg out there lineage. of course its only wildly popular in korea, but they are releasing it the US also.

www.lineage2.com go there if you want to sign up for that one also. Right now I'm in the taiwanese beta and even though i cant read any of the quest info its still a pretty fun game to pass the time.
Signatures suck
Well, I live in Austria (that's in Europe, for you Americans :P ) and I have every intension to pay-per-month for WoW and I still won't get in the Beta now. Imagine how I feel :(

Hmmm, I whine a lot latetely, but hey...

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
blizzard Wrote:Please note that multiple submissions from the same household will result in complete disqualification.

I understand that this is a prevention mechanism, but it also means that my wife (who wants to test) and I (who want to test) won't both be able to sign up.

I hope if I get in (she has designated me the sign up person) that Blizzard is cool like Artifact was when I got into Horizons beta, and lets her have a CD key as well so that we can play and test at the same time. Considering we actually found quite a few bugs in the 4 weeks we played it was worth it for them to provide the second key I think.

If they keep it to just 1 key per household and only one of us could play at a time, I will not be happy if I get in. There are so many things that are so much easier to test if you can reach out, tap your spouse and say, "Hey, test this with me".
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jan 27 2004, 07:42 AM Wrote:(she has designated me the sign up person)
That's because you managed to get into Horizons beta, despite us having almost exactly the same specs on our machines, and I didn't (until you talked to them). I guess there's just something that makes you more desirable to companies so it's your name that goes in. :)
Intolerant monkey.
>>Well, I live in Austria (that's in Europe, for you Americans ) and I have every intension to pay-per-month for WoW and I still won't get in the Beta now. Imagine how I feel

Well, Blizzard specifically stated quite awhile ago that this would be the case. They've also recently said that Europe will be involved in a Beta later in the year.

The US and Canada are included because Blizzard is based in the US and it's easy for Canada to use the same time zones and servers; Korea was included because the fan base for Blizzard there is simply outrageous. I believe, percentage-wise, they have a considerably higher userbase than even the US. (I'm too lazy to back that up; I recall an article about 2 years ago that explored the Korean Starcraft phenomenon, as well as a press release relating to Korean D2 and the Asia server.)

So ... it sounds like Europe got the short end of the stick, which is sad, but I can see why it happened. Overseas, and not the #1 foreign country for Blizzard fanbase saturation. You'll just have to convince more Europeans to buy Blizzard products, and this won't happen next time ...
:P
It might just be me, but i always have this mad theory that they select beta testers by only picking people that ectered something in a specific way (such as formatting your phone number differently) - but I'm just paranoid like that ;)

Oh well, I was selected for TFT beta testing, but I never even downloaded the client :D

edit: rephrase
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Well, I'm in London so I got to wait for the test in Europe, hoping it will come soon.

So jealous of you guys ;)
http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?...?cdate=20040108
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
I'll be waiting till Europe is included in the beta...
And you do not ask the cost...
It's 6:23 now and www.battle.net has apparently crashed due to the volume of people trying to sign up. :)
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 29 2004, 03:19 AM Wrote:It's 6:23 now and www.battle.net has apparently crashed due to the volume of people trying to sign up. :)
That's probably why they left Europe out! :lol:

I guess I'll sign in when they let us do so, but I see little chance of me actually playing the game after the beta :)
I will sign up, if only to be able to say: "I told you so" when their instanced zones, where only characters of a similar level are together will be dominated by uber-twinked, 100% PvP-oriented builds that could probably take on things twice their level.