Pressing the number 5
Cheating is unacceptable 'round these parts.

I believe you when you say you just tried it once (or twice). My friend did the same thing. He was playing with Maphack as I was playing regular on the realm; he told me about this new program that just came out that makes finding durance 3 so much easier. We only played a couple of times with him using the Maphack. He got rid of it shortly after, because it ruins the game. It's not Diablo when you can tell where everything and everyone is. We eventually stopped playing Diablo all together because Public games had become crap (since everyone was using it).

Things are different in 1.10; we both have jobs, and multiple computers and copies of Diablo 2 (2 a piece), so whenever we have time (usually at night, after work) we have an instant 4 player game (the added difficulty in Hell from having only two players face off against 4-player spawned monsters is nice, not to mention the drops). When our friends join us, we've got a full boat. Maphack would just spoil the fun for all of us.

On a technical note, the "chicken key" sounds like the Maphack boys figured out how to bind keys more effectively than just by using the hotkeys that are available. What I'd like to see is a "left attack" on a keyboard key, or right attack on a keyboard key. Just to save my poor left index finger. I've trained myself to use two fingers when clicking to try and save my index finger.

EDIT: Not saying that this is a feature I'd like to see in Maphack per se, i.e. a reason to use it, but rather a Diablo 2 feature; would it hurt to allow triggering an attack by a keyboard press? There's probably some logistic problem with auras and such on the right mouse button as they relate to the keyboard.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*

Messages In This Thread
Pressing the number 5 - by shavenlunatic - 01-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Pressing the number 5 - by Obi2Kenobi - 01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Pressing the number 5 - by shavenlunatic - 01-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Pressing the number 5 - by Raziel - 01-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Pressing the number 5 - by shavenlunatic - 01-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Pressing the number 5 - by JustAGuy - 01-28-2004, 08:35 PM