Deeply disturbing, grotesque, perverted and vile
"I know me what game that there Angel-dude is talking about. I done seen that trailer already, Ma!"
[/slack_jawed_yokel]

Yeah, but for those of you who didn't, here is the trailer for the upcoming survival horror game ..

Silent Hill 4

(dramatic music comes to a full, eerie stop)

I have to see this thing again.

SH1 had me crouching behind the couch with my best mate several years back, trying to squeeze some sort of comfort out of my friend's playstation-controller, repeating the following words over and over: "the people who made this game are utterly insane."

SH2 was played several years later, "much wiser now, a lifetime of memories" (*cough*), but was in it of itself a less scarier game. (I did appreciate this game more than the original however due to President Evils plot analysis over on gamefaqs.com)

SH3 was scary. Really scary. I've only completed it once, but I feel that's enough. I didn't get the "these people are *insane*!"-type feeling when I played SH2, but they managed to create an atmosphere which called for this remark once again. Creepily eerie. Eerily creepy. God I love these games.

SH4 will be enormous. How they will be able to exceed the standards set by the previous games, I have no idea, but it'll be fun (and scary as hell) to see how they go about it.

Nice to see they got the babies back into the game. Nothing's as grotesque as beating evil, sinister small infants to a bloody pulp with a long metallic pole.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a spot behind the couch calling my name.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
Deeply disturbing, grotesque, perverted and vile - by [wcip]Angel - 02-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Deeply disturbing, grotesque, perverted and vile - by Guest - 02-23-2004, 06:37 AM