It'll Be Anarchy!
Update.

After much throwing up, coughing, and deeeeeescusting-ness, I finally have an actual puppy. Many many force fed doses of Clavamox. The sun has finally broke the clouds.

Charity is gaining a little much needed fat. She is recovering from cracked ribs. (Severe coughing caused her ribs to crack) She has a bruised trachea. (Also from coughing.)

She has went through this with all the quiet dignity she could muster... Behaving much like a cat. She is using the litterbox now, potty training has been a breeze. If Charity leaves a tootsie roll or a puddle on the floor, one or several cats will come over and correct her, dealing out several kitty slaps. I have never seen a cleaner or more well behaved puppy... Ever. From day one, it's been all about manners and fitting into the social order of felines. Any stepping out of bounds is met with punishment, some of it harsh. Some of it just bad enough to upset my wife who wants the mean kitties to stop beating up on puppy. Charity went through a nippy playful stage, inspite of being sick. She is cured of nippy stage. Several cats displayed their displeasure at being nipped with a slap... But Sissy Spaz actually laid down the law. Puppy nipped her right on her ass. Spaz somehow kept her claws retracted, but she brutally bitch slapped the puppy into submission with both paws, boxing Charity to the point of crying. And to prove her point on how much nipping hurts, chomped down on puppy's lip. Charity has not nipped anything or anybody I know of since. Wife cried and sniffled a bit during this episode, I had to make her stand back and watch and not step in. Charity had to learn manners some time.

Pete touched on this slightly in his post, but, Charity is the cleanest dog you will ever see. Anything on her fur, anywhere, is cause for alarm. Puke, poop, medication, food, anything on her fur will launch her into a full scale "War Against Filth." Aside from a personal dislike of dirt, she is now a supporter of communal bathing along with the rest of the Borg Kitties. Several of the Hiders have since turned coat now that puppy is behaving better.

By far the strangest of all behaviours is found in playful confrontations. When puppy play attacks, she raises her paw and waves it in the air, much as a cat would when threatening to strike.

Also, there is a overly sugary sweetness in seeing a fox and a hound playing together. Blech. To much. I am far to jaded and cynical to sit back at watch that.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Doc - 03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by --Pete - 03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Phyloxerra - 03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Mirajj - 03-18-2004, 05:42 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Bob - 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Wiccan - 03-20-2004, 04:18 AM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by degrak - 03-21-2004, 11:19 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by klaptonic - 03-26-2004, 10:44 PM
It'll Be Anarchy! - by Doc - 03-27-2004, 12:59 PM