Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre
Smoketest,Jul 25 2004, 04:17 AM Wrote:First off, I'm in the States, and out of the hundreds of people that I've known over the years, only a handful know of these artists.

I have heard both Jarre and Vangelis, but not Morricone. I like some of Vangelis' work, but prefer Jarre hands-down.

I have a few of Jarre's albums on CD, including Oxygene and Equinoxe on gold CD (ultradisc II), Magnetic Fields (French titles), Rendez-vous, Revolutions, Chronologie, Oxygene 7-13 and Metamorphoses. I used to have Zoolook but gave it away. New CDs that I'd like to check out are Geometry of Love and AERO (due to be released this September.)

His father, Maurice Jarre, has done various soundtracks, including the one for Ghost. Jean Michel's son first appeared on the Rendez-vous album playing a keyboard.

I also have a few Vangelis CDs, including Direct, The City, Themes and the Bladerunner Soundtrack.

Another artist you didn't mention, but who is in a similar vein as far as instrumentals goes, is Mannheim Steamrollers, known for their Fresh Aire series. I have I through VII (1-7).

I had Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells once upon a time, but lost it or gave it away. I haven't missed it.

P.S. Anyone curious about Jarre can visit his Official Website.
What is the ultradisc II ? is it a limited edition of a golden CD ?

The 2 first albums of Jarre are his best albums to me;to me,best of Vangelis is "themes" (a compilation tough,thats why),"voices","albedo 0.39" and "voices"
I have not heard of Mannheim Steamrollers,I'll look for it though;is it synthesizer music?

Messages In This Thread
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 07-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by eppie - 07-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Vangelis,Ennio Morricone,Jean M. Jarre - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:51 PM