I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting
MEAT,Oct 4 2004, 01:33 AM Wrote:EDIT #2 - Having trouble sleeping.  Need to solve problem!  I figured out how to upload stuff to my site, but now according to Daves site, I need an index.html.  Easy enough, but what's supose to be inside the index?
[right][snapback]56996[/snapback][/right]

index.html is the default page that the webserver delivers to browsers that access your subdirectory. For now it can be very simple and just contain information that it is your home page and perhaps your paladin guide hyperlink.

As to the paladin guide. I would go get this free utility called PDF995 or cutePDF and install it, then print your guide (into .pdf format) to a file. First, it makes the guide content more static, and second it is an easy way to make it available where everyone can view it.

I used to use frontpage, but I got tired of removing all the useless, and senseless things that it put into my html. I'm now a devotee of using style sheets(.css) and leaving the content to be basic .html constructs. (Like this site.)

Be patient. You won't learn this over night (ask ducky). Just start with the basic tags and work your way up.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by kandrathe - 10-04-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-05-2004, 03:11 AM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-05-2004, 10:26 PM