Possible Druid Build
Slash,Oct 25 2004, 06:39 AM Wrote:Well I'm not a huge fan of the vines, and would expect putting a few points in Shape Shifting or Elemental a waste, so I was down to the choice of an Oak Sage or Ravens. I've never really played a Druid before so it's all quite new to me. Are they totally useless? The Ravens that is, I heard they where useful for breaking up packs in Hell... oh and a newb question, how does blind work?
[right][snapback]58092[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, the only elemental skill that would be of much use to this build is Cyclone Armor, and that requires a lot of skill points to be of any use at all in Hell. Shapeshifting is even more point-intensive, and it eliminates any prospect of a ranged attack. Neither option is really beneficial.

More points in Raven means less recasting, which in turn means a less mana-dependant build. There's no point in pumping more than one spirit, since you can only have one active anyway. And more than one point in any given vine is also a waste. If you're going for a pure summoning build, there's no reason NOT to max Raven, although it'll be one of the last things you max.

Blind works much like the Necromancer's Dim Vision curse, only on a single monster. That is, whatever critter the ravens are harassing has a chance to get its range of vision reduced to about the length of its nose, often causing it to wander around aimlessly. The glowing yellow ball is your cue that a monster's been blinded. Keep in mind that most curses override each other, so an Amp Damage bow will take off the blinding effect and vice versa.

Unless you're planning on leeching a lot of health and mana with your bow (probably not), try looking for a bow with big elemental damage, preferably multi-element. While it might not get as much benefit from HoW, it won't lose as much wallop versus immunes either.

Messages In This Thread
Possible Druid Build - by Slash - 10-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Possible Druid Build - by adeyke - 10-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Possible Druid Build - by Slash - 10-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Possible Druid Build - by ShadowHM - 10-25-2004, 03:17 AM
Possible Druid Build - by whathuh - 10-25-2004, 04:29 AM
Possible Druid Build - by vmxa - 10-25-2004, 06:03 AM
Possible Druid Build - by Slash - 10-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Possible Druid Build - by Zingydex - 10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Possible Druid Build - by vmxa - 10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Possible Druid Build - by Chaerophon - 10-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Possible Druid Build - by Guest - 10-26-2004, 12:25 AM