Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear
MEAT,Oct 3 2004, 03:40 AM Wrote:My friend is constantly getting PK'd.  I have NEVER been PK'd. [right][snapback]56953[/snapback][/right]

I'm in the same boat, unless you count monster trapped wp's (which happened once at the very beginning of d2), and the times I said 'what the heck' and attempted to PPK. PPK'ing sometimes works, since some pk'ers aren't really ready to fend off a real attack. Of course, enigma's changed everything :)

I've never avoided pubby games, and consider myself a verteran of them. There is something about watching one guy call another guy a n00b that never gets old. Heck, sometimes I like to pick verbal fights with 'n00b pwnzors' to keep myself from boredom.

The key to my success? I don't often ally with groups unless I am doing Baal runs. For the most part I solo by myself and level in area's where people aren't. Even in Baal runs I don't ally until we get to The Throne of Desctruction, and at that point its almost impossible to be pk'd, although on a few occaisions people have tried (and subsequently died on the way down). Can't forget a good measure of luck either ;)

I understand a lot of lurker's aversions to public games. But I think if you don't expect too much out of them, and enjoy them for what they are worth (a good chuckle with the right sense of humor; an exp bonus and better drops/monsters) they aren't so bad.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Taem - 10-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Wyrm - 10-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Munkay - 10-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Guest - 10-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Guest - 10-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Wyrm - 10-27-2004, 06:18 AM