Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug?
Any1,Dec 26 2004, 07:06 PM Wrote:Why don't you bring this to the attention of the forum moderators, if you think I'm advocating cheating?  They'll ban me faster that you can blink.

I used to have an old account with LL, going back to the inception of D2.  The old LL used to be known for a certain "elitest" attitude, when it came to playing the game.  At some point, any kind of MFing was frowned upon.  I had hoped things have changed.  I've played D2 since a month after it was released.  I played LoD beta mostly with AB groups.  Now I only play SP, because of the sad state of the realms (95% of the high runes are duped and everybody is running around with mutliple impossibly high-end runewords).  I play 100% legit with the gear I've found.  I do get excited when I get a few good drops, and hell I thought I'd share this with the LL community.  I'm sorry if I offended your sense of "how tha game should be played".

Edit:  I didn't originally post this in the "Maggot Lair".   The post was made in "Atma's Tavern". The mods must've moved it here.  This was meant to be more of a novelty post than the sceintific proof of game mechanics.  I can see why people are being a little aggressive.
[right][snapback]63587[/snapback][/right]

I apologize for the poor communication on my part. I feel it is important for me to clear up this unnecessary tension I have caused before ill will sets in.

I’d like to start by saying I don’t believe you were trying to [exploit] anything, nor do I feel you were advocating cheating in any way. I can see where I came across as hostile towards you and realize now that I should have chosen my words more carefully. I’m sorry for coming across as “elitist”. I do not question your time spent here at the Lounge and I have nothing but respect for our posters, including you. I deeply regret if anything I said offended you and offer to make amends however you see fit.

As to my reply, I was unaware of a need, request, or urgency of any Lurkers to be made aware of the Adariel bug and based on this, it was my opinion that if a person were asking for proof of the bug, a PM to the curious individual might have sufficed. These assumptions made the words I used sound accusatory, but how can I pass judgment when I do not know all the facts? I can only plead for your pardon in this matter.

I must admit that from the topic title, I was expecting a detailed explanation of this bug based on your own [testing] and [experience]. From your knowledge, I would have liked to of seen:
  • 1. A brief description of what this bug is
    2. Details on what the bug does and how it works
    3. Your opinion of how this bug should be dealt with<>
    [st]Here is my take on a description for this bug:

BUG NAME: Unknown Bug Name
    GAME VERSION AFFECTED: Diablo Classic 1.1, and Lord of Destruction 1.1;
    ENVIRONMENT AFFECTED: Single Player, Multiplayer, and Battle.net
    DESCRIPTION: When you kill an Act Boss for the first time, you receive a special treasure drop known as a [quest drop]. This special drop has a huge chance to doll out unique and set items when completed. There is currently bug that allows you to initiate a [quest drop] on any act boss if certain criteria is met [details purposely withheld].
    CONJECTURE: This is an exploitable bug and is not meant to be a mechanic of game play. That being said, knowledge of this bug should only be used as a fix in MODS for Diablo and LoD – feel free to write Blizzard informing them about this error but expect no results. It seems to me that this [exploit] - as with all exploits - should only be discussed or tested for MOD fixes or ways to avoid the bug's exploitation. I believe that talking about this bug in an exploitable fashion is a bannable offence on the Lurker Lounge.

[EDIT #1] - Added color to each "bug" section.
    [EDIT #2] - After reading what Adeyke had to say, decided to change the "bug's" name, remove the details of how the "bug" works as an exploit, and changed the way I worded the last two sentences in Conjecture as less authoritarian and more as my own opinion, which it is.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by DeeBye - 12-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Taem - 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by adeyke - 12-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 02:06 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Any1 - 12-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Adariel Bug? What Andariel Bug? - by Taem - 12-27-2004, 08:05 AM