How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
Professor Frink,Feb 22 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:These weren't clueless parties.  They were aware of the need to keep things off their underlevel priest, and it only happened a few times.  The only way I could deal with it was by dropping out of the role of party healer and wasting all my mana keeping myself alive, until somebody figured out what was going on.  That happened in the graveyard more often than it should have.
[right][snapback]68673[/snapback][/right]

They were clueless. A tank who lets his lifeline get pounded upon is not being a tank. A Shaman who doesn't steal aggro with rockbiter from the priest isn't being effective.

As a tank I appreciate a macro that says "On me" from the priest to know when an add has taken an interest in him/her. Otherwise I play as main tank the way most folks on the PvP server do. By constantly scrolling around with the mouse to check out my party and surroundings.

But take heart, WC and RFC are early instances. Folks at that level are still learning their way around a class. If you find yourself getting hit a lot in fights talk to the tanks about it. Let them know that your job is to provide for their welfare, theirs is to provide for yours. Remind them that if you take a dirt nap so do they which is counterproductive to completing the quest. :)

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM