The WoW Under Development Page
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Supposedly in the next patch, we'll get nice little things like 4 action bars in the default UI (about stinking time), chat bubbles (which I'll probably turn off anyway just like I do character names), quest tracker, and a minor change to rolling in group loot - there's going to be a confirmation dialogue that pops up so if you accidentally roll on a BoP item that you didn't want to roll on you aren't stuck with it. There are more tasty tidbits on the updated page, but I'm too lazy to type about them here when you can just read them for yourself. :P

And more updates from Blizzard about the PvP Honor System.
Quote:Player vs. Player Honor System
The PvP Honor System is in its final phase of testing. We are currently running stress tests with data taken from live realms. These stress tests allow us to catch any unforeseen problems that can occur when the system begins calculating data from hundreds of thousands of players at one time. As soon as we gather enough information and are comfortable with the performance, we will activate the Honor System in a patch.

And battlegrounds
Quote:Battleground System
Battlegrounds are currently undergoing extensive internal testing. Once we are happy with our internal playtests, we will open up an external test realm so we can begin testing Battlegrounds in a live environment with existing players. Please note that we are still working out the details of the test realm and we will release more information as soon as it becomes available.

Instead of holding back already-finished content and necessary bug fixes for a combined patch with these systems, we decided to split them into separate patches. This lets us present new content immediately while still allowing us to refine these two new systems. The Honor System and Battlegrounds will be introduced in a later patch in the future, and might not be unveiled at the same time. We will reveal more information as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Once again, we thank all of you for spending your time with us, and we wish you luck on your adventures in Azeroth.

Nice to get some info from them. Glad to hear they're thinking about a test realm for battlegrounds after they get done with their internal testing.
Intolerant monkey.
Great, you post this *while* I'm composing the big announcement on the front page. Scooped again! :(

Just kidding. Thanks for giving the everyone the update.

And while I don't like how long it's taking them to release battlegrounds, I'm glad they'll be having a test realm for it before they get released. Still, only one new instance after how many months of development? I hope some outdoor areas get openned up as well, because that doesn't sound like very much.
Blizzard,Feb 24 2005, 11:46 PM Wrote:+ Mage - New Spell: Mage Armor allows mana regeneration to function while casting and increases resistance to all magic schools

Interesting.

I wonder how this will combine with Arcane Meditation, or whether one will override the other.
MongoJerry,Feb 25 2005, 12:32 AM Wrote:Great, you post this *while* I'm composing the big announcement on the front page.  Scooped again!  :(

Just kidding.  Thanks for giving the everyone the update.
[right][snapback]68983[/snapback][/right]

\o/ And everyone said it was a waste of points to put them into the "Scoop Mongo" talent. "The increase in the posting speed won't be noticeable." Well, I showed them! ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 25 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Supposedly in the next patch, we'll get nice little things like 4 action bars in the default UI (about stinking time),
[right][snapback]68967[/snapback][/right]

Hurray! Best improvement evah! Can't wait to delete CTMod. :)
So does that mean that Battlegrounds/Honor System will still not be released in the next patch? That would be very dissapointing.
Battlegrounds and the Honor System will not be in the next patch. That may be disappointing, but at least they are not delaying this patch due to those items taking longer than they thought. It has been a long time since a patch of any substance, and a lot of the things I am hoping are in the "miscellaneous bug fixes" department are long overdue. I hope they are fixing certain warrior issues, like special attacks missing twice as much as they are supposed to.

MongoJerry, they did announce three more upcoming instances: Azuregos (outdoor encounter in Azshara), Lord Kazzak (outdoor encounter in Tainted Scar), and Blackwing Lair (New Raid Dungeon).
Xanthix,Feb 25 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:MongoJerry, they did announce three more upcoming instances: Azuregos (outdoor encounter in Azshara), Lord Kazzak (outdoor encounter in Tainted Scar), and Blackwing Lair (New Raid Dungeon).
[right][snapback]69020[/snapback][/right]

Minor nit: Azuregos and Lord Kazzak are outdoor raid encounters not instanced dungeons. There is a subtle difference.
Xanthix,Feb 25 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:Battlegrounds and the Honor System will not be in the next patch. That may be disappointing, but at least they are not delaying this patch due to those items taking longer than they thought. It has been a long time since a patch of any substance, and a lot of the things I am hoping are in the "miscellaneous bug fixes" department are long overdue. I hope they are fixing certain warrior issues, like special attacks missing twice as much as they are supposed to.

MongoJerry, they did announce three more upcoming instances: Azuregos (outdoor encounter in Azshara), Lord Kazzak (outdoor encounter in Tainted Scar), and Blackwing Lair (New Raid Dungeon).
[right][snapback]69020[/snapback][/right]

The dodge/parry/block generating rage will change my main's strategy a bit, since she's a mace/shield setup. She's fun now, and even more fun after.

--Mav
Xanthix,Feb 25 2005, 10:01 AM Wrote:MongoJerry, they did announce three more upcoming instances: Azuregos (outdoor encounter in Azshara), Lord Kazzak (outdoor encounter in Tainted Scar), and Blackwing Lair (New Raid Dungeon).

Those would be great, but as the page is written, it looks like those will not be included in the next content patch. They are included in the "Currently in Development" section along with battlegrounds and the PvP honor system. Who knows, though? Maybe they'll make it into the release anyway.
[quote=Treesh,Feb 25 2005, 04:46 AM]
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Quote:a minor change to rolling in group loot - there's going to be a confirmation dialogue that pops up so if you accidentally roll on a BoP item that you didn't want to roll on you aren't stuck with it.

Great! Now I won't have to think till AFTER I roll! ;)
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
You mean no more "Oops, I didn't mean to steal VanCleef's Blackened Defias Armor from you Mr. Rogue" ? Instances will never be the same again. This is something i consider to be a nice addition. I had downloaded RollSafely after I accidentally rolled on a BoP. I'd like to also see how their quest tracker stacks up and how much you can modify their hotbars. Might be time to clean out the add-on folder.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Still no word on itemization of Silithus? Too bad. I went exploring there, and that area has lots of potential.

Among the more interesting things I discovered, I found an area where an instance will likely be (the gargantuan Hive'Ashi), and very high-level earth and air elementals, which will likely be sources of Essence of Air and Essence of Earth.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Arethor,Feb 25 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:You mean no more "Oops, I didn't mean to steal VanCleef's Blackened Defias Armor from you Mr. Rogue" ?  Instances will never be the same again.  This is something i consider to be a nice addition.  I had downloaded RollSafely after I accidentally rolled on a BoP.  I'd like to also see how their quest tracker stacks up and how much you can modify their hotbars.  Might be time to clean out the add-on folder.
[right][snapback]69038[/snapback][/right]

And, I did exactly that one night, accidentally rolled for the DBP that the rogue dearly wanted to complete his set, but, we were still fighting the last two, so I rolled to get it off my screen.

After further reflection, he had grabbed the blue mace that came up, so I didn't give the greedy little 12-year-old (and that's what he was--12) much shrift when he complained about me rolling on 'his' DBP. I calmly pointed out to him that

A) when he looted VC, we were still fighting. Why was he looting when the rest of us were fighting?

B) If I, as the warrior with the 1h mace/shield setup, wasn't supposed to roll on 'his' DBP, then why did he roll and win 'my' 1h blue mace?

and he still huffed, but the rest of the party, all adults, just laughed at his protests.

But, a 'Are you really sure you want this BOP item?' would be nice.

--Mav
Mavfin,Feb 25 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:But, a 'Are you really sure you want this BOP item?' would be nice.
[right][snapback]69053[/snapback][/right]
Mmm BoP, ba duba dop ba du BoP
Ba duba dop ba du BoP.
Ba duba dop ba du....
Arethor,Feb 25 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:I'd like to also see how their quest tracker stacks up and how much you can modify their hotbars.
[right][snapback]69038[/snapback][/right]
From the picture they posted it appears that their quest track is the equivalent of quest minion. I would miss quest history so that will stay. I think they should have gone further with the hotbars as well. I use 6 (not all full) on Lochnar to arrange things in the placement and groupings I want. I hope that this is just a start of what they will be adding to the interface. I would like to be able to get rid off all addons. To do so would require the functionality of popbar, map notes and quest history. Oh yeah, it would also be nice to have chat time stamps and smart cast for fishing. Maybe I am expecting too much, but I don't really think so since others are already able to improve their product for them for free.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."