How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
Thawwing Light,Feb 22 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:The ideal way to test this would involve a paladin and any healing class.

The paladin goes into battle with the wonderful bubble of immunity up and full health The priest would heal the paladin and see if that pulled hate. If this pulls hate, then overhealing generates at least some agro. If nothing happens, overhealing is a myth.

What this won't prove is the amount of hate overhealing generates. Whether or not it's truly the great amount of hate our priests think cannot be proven without further testing.

Anyone care to try this out? I play a horde warrior, so there isn't much I can do to test this.
[right][snapback]68696[/snapback][/right]

I'll try this next time our group is on together. I'm surprised to find out that priests hate it when someone else heals. I can't help but think that it is extremely wasteful to not allow a secondary healer to help. It just needs to be communicated correctly in some way.

As far as wasting mana due to overhealing, I suggest simple healing macros.

I play a paladin with a druid as our primary healer and a warrior as primary tank. Frankly as a paladin my mana is not nearly as valuable as the druids. I can only increase my DPS somewhat by burning mana--it seems a waste to not be able to help out by healing now and then. Both of us always use heal macros that state who we are healing, and we both know to watch for those. I think my heals are quite useful particularly so our druid can focus mainly on our warrior.

I am wondering about our party tactics. They seem to be against what everyone suggests, but we are highly successful (enough so that I no longer do pickup groups for instances as they frustrate me). We pull with warlock, distribute aggro (we have warrior, paladin, and voidwalker), and use a secondary healer occasionally.

Yet as a full party we have not wiped since our first try at the Deadmines (none of us really knew how to really play at that point) at levels 19-21. Our most recent "new" instance excursion was doing the Scarlet monastery cathedral, at 39-40 (druid at 42). We had a little fun with Whitemane/Mograine because we were too slow clearing everything and we had several respawns join in just before Whitemane resurrected Mograine, but only lost the mage.

Are these tactics going to run out of gas as we get to higher level instances? If so, what is going to hurt us, and what should we change?

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by vor_lord - 02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM