I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:Why is that so nostalgic? I still own (and use) a rotary phone from the 70s or maybe earlier. (I got it second hand.) It dings. I have repaired it several times, it uses two bells and a clapper like an old alarm clock, both bells have a different pitch. Makes a wonderful sound.

I have a touchtone phone as well. It has an amazing bit of nostalgia called a "cord" that tethers you to a wall. This design is intentional, as it keeps you at home where you should be while on the phone, away from civilized people, theatres, dining establishments, etc, and prevents you from being a rude jackass out in public.
[right][snapback]73802[/snapback][/right]

The cell phone is merely a catalyst to inbred jackassery. Staying at home won't prevent rude jackassism, it merely reduces the density of it. :lol:

Occhi

PS: Who still has one of the phones plugged into the wall with a chord. And who also has a cell phone, which item is not used that frequently.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by Occhidiangela - 04-13-2005, 09:44 PM