I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
I have spent an hour today looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone, and I guess I suck at Google. Can anyone here suggest a decent reliable website that offers ringtones? I don't mind paying a couple of bucks as long as the website is verifiably legitimate. Too many of the "FREE RINGTONEZ!!" sites I looked at seemed rather shady at best.

I am looking for the "Hockey Night In Canada" polyphonic ringtone. I am on the Rogers Wireless network, using a Motorola T720 phone. If I can't find the "Hockey Night in Canada" theme, I'll settle for the Final Fantasy 7 battle theme song.

What are you using for your ringtone?
DeeBye,Apr 12 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:What are you using for your ringtone?
[right][snapback]73754[/snapback][/right]

I like to call mine "Vibrato." (I keep my celly on vibrate.)
WWBBD?
"Free Bird" Lynyrd Skynyrd

I need a nice mellow ring tone - I can't stand all these loud screeching noises so many people use. I was kinda torn about whether using it as my ringtone would be bastardizing a great song, but I decided that it's just honoring them instead.

Can't help ya on the other counts unfortunately :(
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Guns and Roses, the breakdown from November Rain.

For the last 5 years I've been patiently waiting for a phone that I can play it. I recorded the mp3 itself and uploaded it to my phone.

It's glorious.

Cheers,

Munk
DeeBye,Apr 13 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:What are you using for your ringtone?

The Nokia frog. It makes a low buzzing sound, and that's it. Never been a big fan of complicated ringtones.
DeeBye,Apr 12 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:What are you using for your ringtone?

"Safety Dance"
I've got the theme from Zelda :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Tal,Apr 13 2005, 06:56 AM Wrote:"Safety Dance"
[right][snapback]73779[/snapback][/right]

Love that tune. Also love Weird Al's spoof of it.

But I set my cell phone on buzz, or on the pre programmed "Fűr Elisa" ringy dingy. The cell phone alarm has "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" my Mozart. Every time I hear it, I remember the scene in "The Net" where Sandra Bullock is opening a game called "Mozart's Ghost."

An office mate has "Stairway to Heaven" (MP3 I guess) on his.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
My phone rings like a phone :rolleyes:

If I did choose a ringtone, I would either choose:

1) Hot Buttered Popcorn

or

2) Dragostea Din Tea (the 'Numa Numa Dance' song)

Both are dumb but exceedingly catchy - I know that if my cell rang with that, everyone within earshot would have those songs stuck in their heads for the rest of the day :whistling:
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
I loathe cell phones. What a terrible invention.

Proud owner of a cell jammer. Fifty feet of blessed serenity.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Gurnsey,Apr 13 2005, 07:59 AM Wrote:My phone rings like a phone  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]73792[/snapback][/right]

A customer was in my department about 2 weeks ago and his phone rang like a good old fashioned phone! With an actual bell sound! Everybody in the room stopped for a moment and looked around wondering "what is that?" as the sound tugged at our memories. It has been so long since I have heard a phone actually ring instead of an electronic tone. The feeling of nostalgia was so thick in the room you could have cut it with a knife.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Apr 13 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:A customer was in my department about 2 weeks ago and his phone rang like a good old fashioned phone!  With an actual bell sound!  Everybody in the room stopped for a moment and looked around wondering "what is that?" as the sound tugged at our memories.  It has been so long since I have heard a phone actually ring instead of an electronic tone.  The feeling of nostalgia was so thick in the room you could have cut it with a knife.
[right][snapback]73797[/snapback][/right]

Why is that so nostalgic? I still own (and use) a rotary phone from the 70s or maybe earlier. (I got it second hand.) It dings. I have repaired it several times, it uses two bells and a clapper like an old alarm clock, both bells have a different pitch. Makes a wonderful sound.

I have a touchtone phone as well. It has an amazing bit of nostalgia called a "cord" that tethers you to a wall. This design is intentional, as it keeps you at home where you should be while on the phone, away from civilized people, theatres, dining establishments, etc, and prevents you from being a rude jackass out in public.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
It's nostalgic for folks who don't wind the Victrola or wait for the radio to warm up before it starts to play. ;)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Look here kiddo... Everybody knows that real radios use tubes!
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:Look here kiddo... Everybody knows that real radios use tubes!
[right][snapback]73807[/snapback][/right]

:D
The Bill of No Rights
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:I loathe cell phones. What a terrible invention.

Proud owner of a cell jammer. Fifty feet of blessed serenity.
[right][snapback]73794[/snapback][/right]

If you had the car I did before, one that was trying hard to break down on a highway, you'd want a cellphone too. I got stranded twice too often with that damn car to not have a cell phone.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:Why is that so nostalgic? I still own (and use) a rotary phone from the 70s or maybe earlier. (I got it second hand.) It dings. I have repaired it several times, it uses two bells and a clapper like an old alarm clock, both bells have a different pitch. Makes a wonderful sound.

I have a touchtone phone as well. It has an amazing bit of nostalgia called a "cord" that tethers you to a wall. This design is intentional, as it keeps you at home where you should be while on the phone, away from civilized people, theatres, dining establishments, etc, and prevents you from being a rude jackass out in public.
[right][snapback]73802[/snapback][/right]

The cell phone is merely a catalyst to inbred jackassery. Staying at home won't prevent rude jackassism, it merely reduces the density of it. :lol:

Occhi

PS: Who still has one of the phones plugged into the wall with a chord. And who also has a cell phone, which item is not used that frequently.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Cell phones are fine for emergencies.

It's not ok to bring your spoiled crying screaming brood into a dining establishment and then spend the next hour screaming at the top of your lungs into your cell phone because you have a bad signal or whatever or can't hear the guy at the other end over your screaming children. It's not ok to spend the whole movie screaming and shouting obcenities into your phone and ruin other people's good time. It's NOT ok to have your phone go off in a church for any reason at all. It's NOT ok to have your phone go off in any sort of social gathering such as, but not limited to, AA or other gatherings where attention should remain focused. So God bless a cell jammer. I can turn mine down as low as 50 feet in all directions, or as high as 450 feet in all directions, but, that really eats the batteries and only makes it last 2 or 3 hours. It turns the area into a complete dead zone. You wont even get a ring, so you will never know what you are missing. But you see, if you had any manners at all, you wouldn't even know something was wrong in the first place, because you would have your phone turned OFF in all the proper social situations. I try to remain considerate when I can and only turn the jammer on in the appropriate situation. When I go into a movie or go out to eat, I reach into my sporran and **CLICK** and what do you know... Blessed silence. When you sit down at a table, you sit down to eat. And to engage in conversation with your companions. To exclude them from conversation to speak with a party not present is just plain RUDE. It's a sign your mother raised you wrong. Hell, my mother didn't raise me at all, I was brought up by whores, and even I know better. And to do this in public and effect other dinners with other parties are trying to have a nice time in my own opinion is criminal. It's also a sure fire sign that you are a jackass, and you need your butt tore up. Were I live, real men still exist. We open doors for ladies, offer our coats to a woman at the slightest hint of a chilly breeze, and we do our best to remain socially acceptable when we can.

I purchased my jammer after personally crushing several terribly expensive phones and nearly kicking a few asses out of frusteration. Nothing pisses me off more than cell phones and the vast majority of people that use them. Can't stand it. Drives me nuts.

Don't get me started on idiot drivers that use cell phones...
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:Cell phones are fine for emergencies.

[...]

I purchased my jammer after personally crushing several terribly expensive phones and nearly kicking a few asses out of frusteration. Nothing pisses me off more than cell phones and the vast majority of people that use them. Can't stand it. Drives me nuts.

Don't get me started on idiot drivers that use cell phones...
[right][snapback]73867[/snapback][/right]

Your solution, while unfortunately made almost neccessary by the ignorant masses, is just as unfortunately a bad solution.

Emergencies, by their very nature, occur at unpredictable moments. No, people in movie theatres should not have their ringer turned on. No, they should not take chit-chat phone calls in the middle of dinner. However, your solution is just as hard on the responsable cell phone user -- yes, we do exist -- as it is on the ignorant ones.

Cell phones get misused and abused; however, that doesn't make cell phones the problem. People have been ignorant jerks since the dawn of time. The fact that public cell phone use is the current annoying trend doesn't in any way mean all cell phone users are bad.

I open doors for ladies, I make my girlfriend wear my coat when the temperature drops expectedly -- and I use my cell phone in public places. Discreetly. Quietly. As little as possible.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Apr 13 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:Your solution, while unfortunately made almost neccessary by the ignorant masses, is just as unfortunately a bad solution.

Emergencies, by their very nature, occur at unpredictable moments.  No, people in movie theatres should not have their ringer turned on.  No, they should not take chit-chat phone calls in the middle of dinner.  However, your solution is just as hard on the responsable cell phone user -- yes, we do exist -- as it is on the ignorant ones.

Cell phones get misused and abused; however, that doesn't make cell phones the problem.  People have been ignorant jerks since the dawn of time.  The fact that public cell phone use is the current annoying trend doesn't in any way mean all cell phone users are bad.

I open doors for ladies, I make my girlfriend wear my coat when the temperature drops expectedly -- and I use my cell phone in public places.  Discreetly.  Quietly.  As little as possible.

gekko
[right][snapback]73872[/snapback][/right]

Common sense is never common. I congradulate you on your reason. People like you I don't have much of an issue with. I would even go as far to apologize for my jammer. You are the exception rather than the standard. Because of the standard, I am forced to take drastic measures to protect my own sanity and to protect the safety of idiots around me. When riled, I can be incredibly dangerous. All those years I held back my ability for violence, my attempt to be a pacifist was merely because I self medicated with alcohol. I could repress the urge to strangle people.

Now that I am completely stone cold sober, I have lost all sense of patience. Short fuse. I have been putting people in their place more often lately. I have lost my ability to be a pacifist. So I am removing my triggers and adapting my environment for my needs. The jammer is more for the safety of the public around me than it is for my own sanity. :lol:
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."