I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Doc,Apr 14 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote:I have yet to hear of a can't live with out it reason for owning a cell phone.
[right][snapback]73929[/snapback][/right]

That is only because you're old and losing your memory. :P

When I raised the topic of cell phone jammers on the RBD board, some time ago, there was a rather compelling reason offered by LKendter.

He has a child with serious health problems, who requires round-the-clock nursing. If he or his wife were taking a much-needed break from the burden of this care, and missed a phone call because of your decision about what is needed, what then? As he pointed out in his post, he would gladly forgo using that establishment if he knew that he could not receive a call there. Instead, he has the likes of you making that decision for him? :huh:

I like the notion of having cell phone jammers provided by restaurants, theatres and all other places where there should be a reasonable expectation of lack of interruption. But it should be provided by the establishment, and the presence of the jammer should be posted, instead of having it provided surreptitiously by a vigilante do-gooder.

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by ShadowHM - 04-14-2005, 11:59 PM