I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:Extreme situations demand extreme measures.

People have no reason to be rude. A well armed society is a polite society. A long time ago, men carried pistols. And you watched your mouth. You were polite and behaved in a genteel fashion. You didn't go off and run your mouth. If you did, it would mean pistols for two at dawn, followed by breakfast for one. In this environment, civility won the day. Kindness was the established norm. Before pistols, it was swords. Standing in a room interupting everybody's peace and quiet, shouting, screaming, and swearing would most likely get you slapped with a glove followed by receiving a consequence for your actions. There was a price for being rude. In light of said consequences, I would say using a cell jammer is a mere slap on the wrist compared to what could (and should) happen.
[right][snapback]74038[/snapback][/right]

Baloney ...

"Kindness was the established norm" indeed ! Go study your history books again, Doc. Most duellers were swaggering 'upper class' bullies who insisted that they knew how everyone else was supposed to behave, mainly because they had nothing better to do.

A long time ago, Vikings came along with big axes and insisted they had the right to take all your stuff and make you their slave. And they were not polite to each other either. They had plenty of murders between each other too. Heads got smashed in on a regular basis. Feel nostalgic for that?

I am more than stunned at your comparison of the Civil Rights movement with cell-phone annoyance. You must be in one snit of a mood these days on a regular basis if that is the kind of logic you are falling into.

Your 'forthright leadership' is my 'reprehensible bully'.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by ShadowHM - 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM