Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines?
Griselda,Apr 16 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:Shadow, that link also has some more information on the difference between cocaine and crack.  Crack is more common in inner-city environments, whereas powdered cocaine tends to be used more often by middle-class people.  One reason might be that crack is a lot easier to deal in a streetcorner-type environment, because the rocks hold together and don't need to be bagged.  It's also probably a lot easier to swallow them if the cops are coming, especially if you're not using baggies.

In the US, crack cocaine has been demonized, and the sentences are much more severe for crack than for powdered cocaine.  This is one of the factor that leads to the higher proportional incarceration rates in the US of people of color (who also happen to be more likely to live in an inner city environment).
[right][snapback]74184[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, Griselda, for helping clear up some of my confusion. My main exposure to cocaine was from the early '80's, when I worked in a corporate environment. The users there would qualify as 'middle to upper-middle' class.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines? - by ShadowHM - 04-17-2005, 01:16 AM