I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
ShadowHM,Apr 15 2005, 09:50 AM Wrote:A long time ago, Vikings came along with big axes and insisted they had the right to take all your stuff and make you their slave.  And they were not polite to each other either.  They had plenty of murders between each other too.  Heads got smashed in on a regular basis.    Feel nostalgic for that? 
[right][snapback]74044[/snapback][/right]

Sigh. Poor Vikings.

Yes, the Vikings went raiding. And you know what? They went for easy pickings. They attacked towns, villages, and settlements where the local lords did not allow the peasantry to have arms. Vikings were looking for easy wealth. People waiting for them on the shore with bigger axes were left alone. Vikings had an amazing detail of laws... They were not the ignorant savages people make them out to be. They had laws for the treatment of women, allowed women to own property, and were one of the few societies during that time frame that had laws to protect slaves. Slaves would only be kept so long as slaves usually. The ones that had skills as craftsman or artistic value would eventually be made freemen. The Vikings were also prone to arming their slaves with weapons, so other people wouldn't come and haul the helpless peasantry away again. Slaves had to be fed a certain portion of food, had to be clothed against the elements, had to be protected, well treated, and be looked after. There were exceptions to this of course. Prisoners of war, enemy soldiers, and criminals could be treated however. After serving his "indentured servitude" for being "rescued" a slave could and would become a freeman, even a landowner, and could marry into Viking society. A happy worker is a hard worker. A slave will do things half assed out of spite.

Everywhere the Vikings spread they brought law and order. Civility. They brought literacy and learning.

And I am pretty sure they would have taken offense to cell phones.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 04:18 PM Wrote:I am however, trying to stick to some of my morals. Instead of hauling people outside and educating them in social graces by beating their ass, I have so far tried to stick to non-violent forms of protest. Like a cell jammer. [right][snapback]74049[/snapback][/right]

Well, it's quite obvious you're on a Crusade here, so it's quite pointless to keep arguing the point.

I'll just tell you this, based on the above quote: Your morals suck. You, apparently, think it's ok to hit everyone because someone is annoying you, instead of doing something about that someone in particular. You've taken the easy route, and really don't care about the side effects of your actions.

So, in short, you're not only an asshole (as you said yourself), you're a coward. And if this seems over the top, it's only because you brought the Civil Rights issue, as if what you are doing is somewhat high and mighty.

The passive-aggresive attitude is out of fashion. And with good reason.

EDIT: Since when do we have a word filter in the forum?
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 10:44 AM Wrote:Sigh. Poor Vikings.

Yes, the Vikings went raiding. And you know what? They went for easy pickings. They attacked towns, villages, and settlements where the local lords did not allow the peasantry to have arms. Vikings were looking for easy wealth. People waiting for them on the shore with bigger axes were left alone. Vikings had an amazing detail of laws... They were not the ignorant savages people make them out to be. They had laws for the treatment of women, allowed women to own property, and were one of the few societies during that time frame that had laws to protect slaves. Slaves would only be kept so long as slaves usually. The ones that had skills as craftsman or artistic value would eventually be made freemen. The Vikings were also prone to arming their slaves with weapons, so other people wouldn't come and haul the helpless peasantry away again. Slaves had to be fed a certain portion of food, had to be clothed against the elements, had to be protected, well treated, and be looked after. There were exceptions to this of course. Prisoners of war, enemy soldiers, and criminals could be treated however. After serving his "indentured servitude" for being "rescued" a slave could and would become a freeman, even a landowner, and could marry into Viking society. A happy worker is a hard worker. A slave will do things half assed out of spite.

Everywhere the Vikings spread they brought law and order. Civility. They brought literacy and learning.

And I am pretty sure they would have taken offense to cell phones.
[right][snapback]74052[/snapback][/right]

Doc, maybe we are talking about different parts of Viking history. 'Cause that was NOT the way they were in the 700's and 800's.

And, yes, they went for easy pickings. What makes that right?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Allow me to break this down.

You have extremists on both sides. On one side of the scale, there are people like me. There are a lot of people like me. We take drastic measures. Using cell jammers as an example, yes, it effects everybody in a blanket effect. Including all those idiot doctors that somehow earned a medical degree but are to dumb to give people the land line number to the place they are going. But I wander. Our actions are a direct result of the other end of the scales, the morons and idiots and their behaviour, which makes everybody suffer. Somewhere in the middle is moderation and balance. With out weight on both sides of the scales, nothing would ever get done. It takes an outraged public response usually, to force attention to the issue. So the morons and idiots making people crazy out in public by being a menace on their phones is one thing. People bitch. But not a whole lot happens. Now, the extremists on the other side get involved. These people deal with the issue by using a sledgehammer to swat flies. It is, at best, a temporary situation until reason and order prevail, or, at worst, a kill all solution because reason and order has failed. So you have people on both sides of the issue creating tension. Yes, there are obviously doctors and professionals that could have their lives made easier with a cell phone, but is by far not a needful thing. Landlines and personal responsibility still exist... Or at least one of them does. Sooner or later, the drastic situation of the opposing forces will cause somebody in power to step in and cease the power struggle. In this case, a law banning cell phones from public establishments, or, a law that allows the use of commercial jammers to create dead zones which would allow for some peace and quiet. There would also be signs stating "This is a dead zone!" for people's protection. People who prize easing through life, such as doctors on cell phones, could avoid these dead zones, and congregate with the unwashed obnoxious masses. Everybody has a happy ending.

With out a polarization of beliefs opposing each other on both ends, change would never happen. It sounds bad, but, it's how life works. In the long run, it works out for the better, usually, in most cases. The anarchists, radicals, and extremists move on to bigger and better issues, while the other side creates those issues. Sometimes, in a twist of fate, the anarchists, radicals, and extremists are the issue, and the other side has a beef with us, and things happen to protect them from the anarchists, radicals, and extremists. In the middle exists moderation. Moderation is best served by having the two opposing sides clashing. Moderation allows the drones to go through life staring at their feet, never forming their own opinion, and never having to worry who will take care of them. It allows folk to muddle through life comfortably, braindead, numb, and stupid.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 10:44 AM Wrote:They were not the ignorant savages people make them out to be. They had laws for the treatment of women, allowed women to own property, and were one of the few societies during that time frame that had laws to protect slaves. Slaves would only be kept so long as slaves usually. The ones that had skills as craftsman or artistic value would eventually be made freemen. The Vikings were also prone to arming their slaves with weapons, so other people wouldn't come and haul the helpless peasantry away again. Slaves had to be fed a certain portion of food, had to be clothed against the elements, had to be protected, well treated, and be looked after. There were exceptions to this of course. Prisoners of war, enemy soldiers, and criminals could be treated however. After serving his "indentured servitude" for being "rescued" a slave could and would become a freeman, even a landowner, and could marry into Viking society. A happy worker is a hard worker. A slave will do things half assed out of spite.
[right][snapback]74052[/snapback][/right]

You know, call me crazy, but from the perspective of the slave... slavery still sucks. I don't care if it's better slavery, or enlightnened slavery... it's still slavery. I don't want to be a well fed, clothed and armed slave. I don't want to be a slave, period.

Same with your arguments for society "needing" people like you to solve the problems you pick and choose. There are other solutions. Your solution targets everyone with a cell phone, responsible user or not. Why don't you just go out in public with a few kilos of dynomite strapped to your chest, and blow yourself up the next time you're in a restaurant and some jerk starts yapping on their cell phone? That will, after all, mean no one in that restaurant will be bothered by the rude guy on the phone.

I can agree with your goals -- you're looking for basic human decency and common sense. But your methods, in a word, suck. Slavery's bad, and no favourable comparison to worse slavery changes that. You infringing on my responsable, reasonable use of my cell phone is bad -- no matter what some other rude jerk does to you.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Apr 15 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:You know, call me crazy, but from the perspective of the slave... slavery still sucks.  I don't care if it's better slavery, or enlightnened slavery... it's still slavery.  I don't want to be a well fed, clothed and armed slave.  I don't want to be a slave, period.

Same with your arguments for society "needing" people like you to solve the problems you pick and choose.  There are other solutions.  Your solution targets everyone with a cell phone, responsible user or not.  Why don't you just go out in public with a few kilos of dynomite strapped to your chest, and blow yourself up the next time you're in a restaurant and some jerk starts yapping on their cell phone?  That will, after all, mean no one in that restaurant will be bothered by the rude guy on the phone.

I can agree with your goals -- you're looking for basic human decency and common sense.  But your methods, in a word, suck.  Slavery's bad, and no favourable comparison to worse slavery changes that.  You infringing on my responsable, reasonable use of my cell phone is bad -- no matter what some other rude jerk does to you.

gekko
[right][snapback]74079[/snapback][/right]

Slavery sucks. I by no means endorse it. I was giving a reply to Shadow's Viking comment. :D

My methods could be worse. I could, say, in theory, go out and make a cell phone virus and distribute that.

But why should this rest on my shoulders? What is to stop a responsible cell user from picking up this fight themselves? "Hey dipstick, you being obnoxious on your phone is causing innocent people like me to suffer because other people buy jammers that block out everything." But no. Instead, you attack the only people doing something about the issue, rather than the source of the issue it self. Which sadly, is the typical response. This is why anarchists, radicals, and extremists are labeled badly and given bad press. Which is some times deserved, but we get heaps more than we should. This is what creates the breeding grounds for the anarchists, radicals, and extremists, all this indifference. You do nothing to advocate your own privilege, to moderate it's usage, but you bitch like hell when the situation sours and somebody is forced to step in and do something about it.

Here in the microcosm of the Lurker Lounge, we are self moderating to some degree. And we like it that way. We have a tattle button to call the mods. We are somewhat elevated from the common forum scum. We are thinkers. We have a greater degree of reason. And because of this, we are capable of policing our selves most of the time. When a cheater comes in, or a spammer... LOOK OUT!! :shuriken: We protect our enlightened empire by defending it.

So it should be with our lives. If you like having a priviledge, do something to defend it. Next time a rude cell user is causing a public scene, go do something about it. If it means that much to you, defend it. Don't attack me, don't waste your energy, go directly to the source of the problem and deal with it. Then I, and all the other people like me, wont have to. Confront the source of the issue. Go protect your own freedom, your own liberty, otherwise, you have no right to bitch when other people fight your battles.

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
I know I wasn't going to reply anymore, but this one's too good to resist. So sue me.

Doc,Apr 15 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:But why should this rest on my shoulders? What is to stop a responsible cell user from picking up this fight themselves? "Hey dipstick, you being obnoxious on your phone is causing innocent people like me to suffer because other people buy jammers that block out everything."

Why should this rest on my shoulders? What is to stop another iraqui from picking the fight themselves? "Hey dipstick american, your being in Iraq is making people like me suffer because other iraqis are putting bombs to kill you and everything around you!"

Moqtada al-Sadr would be proud. Brings a tear to the eye.

Quote:Don't attack me, don't waste your energy, go directly to the source of the problem and deal with it. Then I, and all the other people like me, wont have to. Confront the source of the issue. Go protect your own freedom, your own liberty, otherwise, you have no right to bitch when other people fight your battles.
[right][snapback]74089[/snapback][/right]

Actually that's exactly what I do already. As a guy who knows when to use and when not to use his cell phone I despise you both, because I'm caught in the middle of your feather ruffling.
Walkiry,Apr 15 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:Actually that's exactly what I do already. As a guy who knows when to use and when not to use his cell phone I despise you both, because I'm caught in the middle of your feather ruffling.
[right][snapback]74095[/snapback][/right]

Then you as well have my most sincere apologies.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:Slavery sucks. I by no means endorse it. I was giving a reply to Shadow's Viking comment. :D

My methods could be worse. I could, say, in theory, go out and make a cell phone virus and distribute that.

But why should this rest on my shoulders? --snip--. Go protect your own freedom, your own liberty, otherwise, you have no right to bitch when other people fight your battles.
[right][snapback]74089[/snapback][/right]

It is generally accepted that evil prospers when good men do nothing. It is also true that some people who mean well as reformers are misguided, insufferable bitches and jackasses. John Calvin was not kown for his bonhomie.

The geniuses who began MADD. Look what they have accmplished by being shrill! Hmm, how was it that the founder's son died? He never saw the car that hit him, as he was not walking facing traffic on that side of the road where he go creamed. What did Gump say about stupid is as stupid does? (This does not excuse the lush who hit him. Numbskull should have slept it off.)

Ever hear of Carry Nation? Susan B Anthony? Temperance obsessed harradins. The abolishionists? A mixed bag, but John Brown was certainly antisocial. Benjamin Rush was known to raise his voice now and again.

Sometimes, it takes being the hardcase to get something changed. I prefer it when the "win win" with a smile works, but not everyone responds to that. Me, I have a special place in hell for anyone who brings a cell phone to a golf course in any other mode than "buzzer" or "off." If you are that busy, stay the hell off the course and get yer truant arse back to work.

On another note regarding cell phones: they are one of the favorite weapons/tools of Asshat Al Zarqawi and some operatives of Al Qaeda. Funny little irony, that. At least, I think so.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 15 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:It is generally accepted that evil prospers when good men do nothing.  It is also true that some people who mean well as reformers are misguided, insufferable bitches and jackasses.  John Calvin was not kown for his bonhomie.

The geniuses who began MADD.  Look what they have accmplished by being shrill!  Hmm, how was it that the founder's son died?  He never saw the car that hit him, as he was not walking facing traffic on that side of the road where he go creamed.  What did Gump say about stupid is as stupid does?  (This does not excuse the lush who hit him.  Numbskull should have slept it off.)

Ever hear of Carry Nation?  Susan B Anthony?  Temperance obsessed harradins.  The abolishionists?  A mixed bag, but John Brown was certainly antisocial.  Benjamin Rush was known to raise his voice now and again. 

Sometimes, it takes being the hardcase to get something changed.  I prefer it when the "win win" with a smile works, but not everyone responds to that.  Me, I have a special place in hell for anyone who brings a cell phone to a golf course in any other mode than "buzzer" or "off."  If you are that busy, stay the hell off the course and get yer truant arse back to work.

On another note regarding cell phones:  they are one of the favorite weapons/tools of Asshat Al Zarqawi and some operatives of Al Qaeda.  Funny little irony, that.  At least, I think so.

Occhi
[right][snapback]74102[/snapback][/right]

So Occhi, by using my jammer, I am fighting the war on terrorism? :w00t: Everybody speaking out against me has no sense of patriotism... Jerks! :P Somebody get me some Freedom Fries!

What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Freedom Toast?

The above post was made in jest for those to stupid to comprehend satire.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:So Occhi, by using my jammer, I am fighting the war on terrorism? :w00t: Everybody speaking out against me has no sense of patriotism... Jerks! :P Somebody get me some Freedom Fries!
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
Freedom Toast?
The above post was made in jest for those to stupid to comprehend satire.
[right][snapback]74104[/snapback][/right]

French Toast. I can only suggest that certain members of Congress had been sniffing a bit more glue than the doctor prescribed on the day of the Freedom Fries/Freedom Toast idiocy. I shiver to think that they were sober when they came up with that.

If you keep your cell jammer on while driving, you may prevent the setting off of an IED along the roads of South Carolina.

DEFEND THE HOMELAND!!!!! SLAY THE VILE CATAMITES!!!!!!!!!!

Just because I am paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get me. :blink:

*brushes hands on shoulders frantically*
GET 'EM OFFA ME!!!!!!!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhi, where I live, there is also Freedom Salad Dressing. Folk here take that very seriously. Saying the F-Word will get you called a Pinko Liberal Hippie Communist Nazi. Or worse, it will get your ass kicked.

Adult novelty shops sell "Freedom Ticklers." When I saw this going down the road I actually choked on my expresso.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 08:57 PM Wrote:Adult novelty shops sell "Freedom Ticklers." When I saw this going down the road I actually choked on my expresso.
[right][snapback]74113[/snapback][/right]

You nearly choked on your espresso. I started gagging on my orange juice. Thanks Doc. (I've also seen French Blue thread sold as Freedom Blue thread and told that to my history professor and it made him sad. :()

But this isn't getting DeeBye his ringtones. My sister goes through several a month and she gets them from here. Those are FF7 themes.

I don't own a cell phone and I only want a cell phone when one would make things a heck of a lot easier. Like

--coordinating people at theme parks or large events instead of spending 2+ hours roaming around trying to find them
--calling AAA when I accidently locked my keys in my car
--spotting obvious drunken drivers on the road
--it's 3AM and you're on unfamiliar streets with a blown-out tire

Most of my reasons revolve around car problems or idiot friends who don't understand that a meet-up at noon at Kings Dominion's Eiffel Tower means you don't squeeze in one more ride on the Hurler.

Sadly, beeper have fallen out of fashion. I'm all about ways of communicating that put the callback responsibility on the end user. I like being able to finish my dinner or movie then go make a phone call or, if it's that important, depart from these places quickly and quietly to take care of things. (What I absolutely can't STAND about cell phone abusers is people who don't leave the room when answering their cell phone. I don't break their phone, but I ask people to leave.)

I have a version of this sticker on my bumper. If the driver's cell goes off and I'm there, I always answer it. One of my friends from high school was killed on Halloween night, 2000, partially because the driver of the car was on a cell phone when he crashed. She would have graduated this year too, with a full ride from VCU.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Doc,Apr 15 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Don't attack me, don't waste your energy, go directly to the source of the problem and deal with it. Then I, and all the other people like me, wont have to. Confront the source of the issue. Go protect your own freedom, your own liberty, otherwise, you have no right to bitch when other people fight your battles.

I'm not really meaning this as an attack per se. But I do see this point as a worthy 'waste of energy' to bring up an opposing point.

I've had two situations personally where having a cell phone in a public place has been a life saver. The first was at a movie my cellphone (on silent) went off. I was near an exit and I went out to answer it. A good friend of mine's brother (whom I also knew) died in a housefire. I was not planning on going home during the night, and thanks to the call I was able to leave the movie early and drive over to help console the family.

The second situation was rather comical, we were borderline late to a performance at Symphony Hall in Boston (a building known for its incredible acoustics). I once again prompty turned my cellphone on silent before getting out of the car. My friend went to park, but on the way got sideswipped by another car (I love New England drivers). He gave me a call and we were able to resolve it, and head over to the hospital together to get him checked out.

Now neither of these situations were dire, albeit important. I'm not attempting to advocate the dire need of cell phones in a society, they are merely a convienence of technology. But I have learned a lesson from these two experiences, and developed an opinion about cellphone use: You must take responsibility for cell phones, but in our day in age cellphones are everywhere, and I'd much rather put up with the occaisional cellphone ring disruption and enjoy the convience they provide than be without it.

In short Doc, although part of me admires your 'go out and change something' attitude, I can not condone the attitude that you are doing something 'morally right.' There just seems to be too much variance in the use of cellphones (from doctors to 14 year old girls) to deem blocking them indiscriminately. And you certaintly aren't "fighting for me", a fellow annoyed citizen at cellphone caused disruption, that would rather put up with it than have anyone jam cellphones.

And I don't see your carrying one secretly changing much of anything. If businesses are going to change their policies and install their own (with a warning), it sure isn't going to come from an unknown silence. It's going to come out of unblocked annoying cellphones that lead to complaints.

Cheers,

Munk
Count Duckula,Apr 15 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:If the driver's cell goes off and I'm there, I always answer it. One of my friends from high school was killed on Halloween night, 2000, partially because the driver of the car was on a cell phone when he crashed. She would have graduated this year too, with a full ride from VCU.

First let me offer my condolences.

Second, I think individual states have taken the correct initiative and passed laws banning hand held cellphone use. Using an earbud or in car speaker system is still legal in these laws. As far as my understanding goes, in most states this is still a secondary offense, meaning a police officer can not pull a driver over for using a hand held cellphone, but can write it up as a charge if the driver commits a different offence warranting a pull-over.

I had read an article about a year agoe about car companies considering adding hands-free speakers and microphones as part of a package. I've yet to see or hear of this actually happening. Instead it seems to have stayed as an aftermarket addition only.

Cheers,

Munk
[wcip]Angel,Apr 14 2005, Wrote:I don't know about sites with polyphonic ringtones, but what I used to do (before I lost the program.. how the hell do I lose these things?) was to download regular midi files, edit them with Studio XP 2003 (fix the tempo, remove or add pieces of the music, etc) and then upload them to my own ftp. I then logged onto the FTP with my cell phone and downloaded the song.
[right][snapback]73908[/snapback][/right]

You must please tell me how to do this. My phone has a web browser (which I have never used ... yet), and I have hosting. Assuming that I can get the ringtone I want in midi form and upload it to my hosting, how do I go about transferring it to my phone as a usable ringtone?
Easy. (If I can do it, a mute pig with the intellect of a less clever pig can do it.)

The PC bit:
1. Download the midi of you choice. (such as Final Fantasy.)
2. Open the midi-file with the audio-editting programme of your choice. (Finale, Studio XP, etc)
3. Make the changes you want. (tempo, transposing, added percussion, less percussion, other types of percussion, removed percussion (if you're a sadist), cropping out the bits you want for your ringtone, etc.
4. Save the file onto your computator.
5. Upload it to your own domain

The mobile phone bit:
6. Go online with your mobile phone.
7. Go to the address where you put your midi.
8. Select it and download onto your mobile phone.
9. Select it as your ringtone.
10. Ring ring!

(Can also be done with background images for your mobile phone.)

Purchasing ringtones and background images are for suckers! :)

Not only is the process I just described free, you get to customise your ringtone exactly the way you want it, and it's also a soothing creative outlet. If you were a Sim®, your Creativity Bar® would be all green.

edit: this is the song I used:
http://www.fantasysquare.com/media/ff7/d...ghting.mid
Fast forward to 0:54. That's the part I was talking about (the piccolo flute.)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Apr 16 2005, Wrote:Easy. (If I can do it, a mute pig with the intellect of a less clever pig can do it.)

The PC bit:
1. Download the midi of you choice. (such as Final Fantasy.)
2. Open the midi-file with the audio-editting programme of your choice. (Finale, Studio XP, etc)
3. Make the changes you want. (tempo, transposing, added percussion, less percussion, other types of percussion, removed percussion (if you're a sadist), cropping out the bits you want for your ringtone, etc.
4. Save the file onto your computator.
5. Upload it to your own domain

The mobile phone bit:
6. Go online with your mobile phone.
7. Go to the address where you put your midi.
8. Select it and download onto your mobile phone.
9. Select it as your ringtone.
10. Ring ring!

(Can also be done with background images for your mobile phone.)

Purchasing ringtones and background images are for suckers! :)

Not only is the process I just described free, you get to customise your ringtone exactly the way you want it, and it's also a soothing creative outlet. If you were a Sim®, your Creativity Bar® would be all green.

edit: this is the song I used:
http://www.fantasysquare.com/media/ff7/d...ghting.mid
Fast forward to 0:54. That's the part I was talking about (the piccolo flute.)
[right][snapback]74167[/snapback][/right]

Wow! The awesomeness of this cannot be understated enough :)

I uploaded this midi file to my webspace, with zero changes. It took me a long time to figure out how to enter a valid URL into my phone's webbrowser using nothing but the phone buttons (oh god that sucked), but after two or three attempts I was able to fumble my way through it. I will be charged 5 cents per kb downloaded, but the midi file was only 8kb. I set it as a ringtone and all was good.

I offer you this FF-related mp3 as thanks :wub:
DeeBye,Apr 17 2005, 04:53 AM Wrote:I offer you this FF-related mp3 as thanks  :wub:
[right][snapback]74206[/snapback][/right]
Hahahaha! Thanks a lot :)

I'm glad it worked out for you. ;)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw