Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers
Brista Wrote:Someone kills you while you're fighting a mob. If they're the same level or lower then respawn behind a bush, bandage, then go get 'em.
Doesn't work if they're more powerful than you or they've simply moved on.

Quote:That surely is why one plays on a pvp server as opposed to a pve server.
That's the problem, really. I never wanted to play on a PvP server in the first place, but all my friends did. I endured all the way until the one-two punch of Honor System + Battlegrounds came into play. The Honor System suddenly made me free honor points for level 60s, and Battlegrounds (fun, exciting, fair and even PvP whenever I want it) being available on all servers finally made me stop playing on PvP servers.

Quote:You are complaining about something that the vast majority of pvp players want and something that is a logical feature of the game and server type
I'm not so much complaining about it as I'm trying to warn people away from the servers and tell them of my experience. It's not fun abandoning your level 53 character after all those days /played, and I just want to make sure that people know what they're getting themselves into.

Quote:In northern Silverpine forest, among the level 10-15 monsters there are occasional 25 elite Sons of Arugal. It's an interesting pve challenge and certainly something to keep alert for if you play in that area. It is no more or less unfair than the gank squads - they are a feature of the game and although you may occasionally die it's a trivial nuisance
The Sons of Arugal are annoying/challenging, and you can avoid them, and so are the gank squads, BUT: Gank squads are actively looking for you, and they exist all over the world. They're part of the game, but that doesn't mean it can't piss you off. Gank squads are worse because they are actual humans preying on the weak, but Sons of Arugal is just code, with no actual malicious intent.

Quote:I genuinely don't understand people saying that the game is unplayable on pvp servers because of ganking. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying it doesn't bear any resemblence to the gameplay I'm seeing
Well, it's different for Horde on Tichondrius than it is for Alliance on EU-Stormscale, then.

Quote:Have you done all you can to deal with it? Some of your options include:-

- instances
I don't like doing instances more than a few times, and I can't do them solo, and I don't get much good experience from them either.
- quiet areas, especially places where there is no opposition flightpath
There's not that many of these, especially not in my level-range. And I don't want to avoid some of the biggest and most fun areas with the most quests in the game and instead grind in some desolate place for hours.
- find other allied players and quest/grind near them
Works from time to time, but you can still be ganked by bigger groups or by people more powerful than you. Grinding near someone else cuts the efficiency in half, too.
- home territory. The Barrens goes up to level 25 with 2 instances that would let you pass 40 without ever having been flagged
Alliance has no such luck. After level 17-18 it's all contested areas, and a couple of instances are even in Horde territory.
- relocating somewhere in the same area. People mainly kill you, not for honor points but because they want to quest or gather there. Figure out what they're doing, figure out where that's likely to take them, and avoid them while continuing to operate in the same areaSpending the massive amount of time figuring out what a Horde player is doing it taking away massive amounts of time that I could be using to further my own ends by doing what I want to do instead. I don't like it when other people force me to do something else than what I wanted to do.
- grouping, either to quest or specifically to kill the opposition
See above. Can still be killed by bigger groups or more powerful characters. Doesn't work for grinding or solo-questing either, of course.
- taking a break
Yes. Brilliant. "How can I avoid these problems when I play? Don't play."
- use the angel to break corpse camping
And face a couple of gold in repair costs. This I would never do, it only makes the Horde player succeed in taking something away from me except time.
- if you're being corpse camped at the graveyard start on the edge of your resurrect radius and run immediately. Do that a couple of times and you should be far enough from the graveyard that they can either camp your corpse or camp the graveyard but not both
The problem isn't "I can't ever get away from corpse campers, etc", it's that I don't want to be in these situations in the first place. The amount of time this wastes and the frustration something like this creates is quite simply something I want to avoid.
My comments in bold.

Messages In This Thread
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Bolty - 05-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by savaughn - 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Lissa - 05-31-2005, 05:53 PM