Dedicated Lurker Lounge TeamSpeak Server
One thing I dislike about Teamspeak config is that if you create a channel with default settings you will automatically make it with the lowest bandwidth codec available to the server. I suggest using the webadmin console to set it to a decent 'mid-bandwidth' codec like Speex 9.3 as a minimum, so if people make channels they don't accidentally make poor quality ones.

I know people can easily choose the codec from the drop down. But my experience is that people generally don't.

I don't know a way to set the default channel creation codec to whatever I want on my TS server, but I am a relative n00b at administrating, basically if it's not on the web interface I don't know how to do it.

Also, thanks a bunch Bolty. Even though my own TS server on my DSL line seems to handle Terenas traffic quite adequately (all 5 max concurrent users I've had on it at once :D ), it's good to have an 'official' Lurkers server.

Bolty rocks.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Dedicated Lurker Lounge TeamSpeak Server - by Concillian - 07-21-2005, 04:06 AM